2024 Lexus TX purchased

I was looking to lease a 2024 Lexus TX Luxury in the NYC / NJ area. We couldn’t get a good lease deal because the car just released this month and Lexus doesn’t have a good lease program for the launch. So we ended up buying it. Wanted to share selling price in case it’s helpful for someone looking to lease it -

MSRP - $66,xxx
Discount - ~4.5% off MSRP

18 Likes

Thanks for sharing the data point. Enjoy the new ride!

I’ve updated your thread tags btw

1 Like

How do you like the TX?

I haven’t driven it much but like it a lot so far. I test drove several 2024 models - Toyota Grand Highlander, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Infiniti QX60, VW Atlas, etc and think Lexus has done a nice job.

1 Like

Do you mind share which dealer in Jersey?

How is the Mark Levinson sound system compare to other brands such as Bose in the QX60?

Central Jersey dealership. They asked me to not share their name and I want to respect that. But hopefully the diacount I shared can still guide your negotiation regardless of which dealer you’re at.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t play the system loud enough that I could tell the difference

1 Like

What did you like about the TX over the Grand Highlander and Honda Pilot? How’s the width in the middle row seats? We bought another brand as the RX was too small with 2 kids car seats and are debating the TX now that it’s out.

2 Likes

Congrats!

Share some pics if you can.

How did it compare to the Grand Highlander? I believe it’s the same body as it

We looked at the top trim of the Honda Pilot & Grand Highlander (and a mid-trim TX) to make sure we looked at comparable SUV’s - e,g. heads-up display, 360 camera, heated 1st & 2nd row, etc. Overall, we found the interior finish of the TX better than either the Pilot or the Grand Highlander. It also had better exterior colors than the Pilot & Grand Highlander.

The TX had much better pickup than the Pilot even though the Pilot had a V6, lower road noise and better 360 camera. But the Pilot had more legroom for the 3rd row & more cargo space behind the 3rd row - so you will have to decide what’s more important.

The Grand Highlander was very similar to the TX but we went with the TX because we could not find the configuration we wanted - we wanted bench seats for 2nd row, and a panoramic sun/ moonroof. The Grand Highlander Platinum trim seems to be mostly captains seats for 2nd row and dealer inventory in the lot was without sunroof. We went to 5 Toyota dealers and none had a bench seat with sunroof in the Platinum trim.

The Lexus has a better warranty than the other SUVs. And last, it’s a nit - the top trim of the Pilot & Grand Highlander after taxes, fees, etc were both ~$60K. The Toyota / Honda dealership we went to all made us feel like we’re buying a Corolla or Civic - the customer experience felt terrible in comparison to Lexus.So we went with the TX.

7 Likes

I used to bring my Lexus to Toyota for service that saved $$$. Not sure if you can still do that. Congrats on the new ride and the deal.

3 Likes

Congrats! Post pics

Thanks, appreciate the detailed response and agree about the configurations and dealership experiences when we looked at the regular Highlander and Pilot against our current car. When we went to a Honda dealer in Central Jersey, salesman kept comparing the Pilot to the Model 3 we pulled up in (which we stated was borrowed from a relative as we didn’t have our own car at the time).

OP, I’m curious how difficult was it to get them to 4.5% under msrp?

1 Like

I actually was surprised they agreed to discount the vehicle that much since it just launched in October. I shared quotes from 2 competitor vehicles along with their lease / finance rates. Both competitor vehicles (MDX & Pilot) were offering a discount along with good financing rates. And told them I knew the dealership couldn’t change the financing rates since Lexus didn’t have any promotional financing, but if they gave a discount I would take it - and that worked. They didn’t go as far as I asked, but ~4.5% seemed fair. Their ask was it had to be a vehicle on the lot and I would take immediate delivery. All the best in your negotiation!

5 Likes

Revising this thread — how’s the TX doing?

I’m considering buying one and curious also if any brokers have these in the southeast? (FL ideally)

1 Like

It seems there are no good deals at the moment.
Maybe next month…

I would like to upgrade my wife’s 2019 MDX to a TX 500h.

Thanks… i ended up getting a 2024 TX350 Luxury and could not get them to match your kind of discount. as the units were moving off the lot like crazy, they did not want to even discount it. Finally managed to get them to agree to 3% off msrp for a car they had in stock and pick up the very next day… It would have been nice to get the Lexus cash of 500$, which would have made it ~4% off msrp. However, as per finance folks at the dealership, the LFS rate was higher than the rate offered by bank, so did not get the Lexus cash. 70XXXmsrp got it for 68XXX

Mark Levinson is a (hard to find) option on the TX and practically all Lexus models. For SUVs, the Luxury Plus GX or the Luxury LX has it by default, but no trim of the TX.