2024 Lexus GX - News and Reviews

For the folks dialed in with Lexus dealers…

What are you hearing on the new GX?

What will be the pricing and availability?

What are the reviews you’ve heard thus far?

My wife is dead set on this model versus a CPO BMW X7… and we’ve always had great experience with Lexus.

Still waiting dealer doesn’t know anything

Dealer in Orlando claims they’re getting a demo in January and can start building out orders next month.

1 Like

Any discounts? :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

No idea in which thread, but last I remember reading was Feb arrivals and to expect outrageous pricing for the foreseeable future thereafter.

So there’s a thirdhand answer.

1 Like

I know this is for the incoming GX, but in regards to the outgoing GX … when does the fire sale commence?

There are still many many examples around where I live. Waiting to see what Lexus does for November on these old GX’s.

1 Like

I find the old GX strangely appealing. I think it would be a great buy and hold, but I am afraid I would get bored of it. Plus, I can never hold anything for long.

1 Like

You wrote that as if I had logged out, and wrote that with your account. Spot on.

It just has that old school, long position, feel.

No turbos, no DI. I’m not embarrassed about no leather seats.

Only thing holding it back is the deal.

1 Like

The fire sale already begun
20% off in CA :fire:

4 Likes

Yes, but that doesn’t work for citizens in the U.S.

It will be worth $12k in 10 years. Takes a long time for depreciation to bottom out, a few exceptions aside.

I assume the new GX price is $80K+ but why consider a used BMW X7 if your looking into this price range of vehicles. Down in Delray Beach the lowest trim X7 is $87K but most likely the lowest trim specs is basically lexus highest trim. If you care about reliability then its Lexus.

Ten year old ones currently for sale with no accidents and under 100k miles seem to be listed for roughly twice that. Plus, the last V8, end of an era, etc. There is always some risk, but I am guessing a 10 year ownership period would come out to around $300 a month or less in depreciation. This is assuming a great deal upfront, no accidents, and you don’t drive the wheels off it.

3 Likes

^this - long term hold = low tco

1 Like

There’s also the new Land Cruiser coming out, no? I’d imagine its built on the same base as the GX. I can already imagine the mark ups on it…

You guys are derailing this thread.

I’d consider the original GX if it wasn’t such a turd. Early 2000’s interior, horrific MPG, and useless third row.

2 Likes

And yet will outlast the majority of other bullshit cars on the market that are actually turds. People are buying them for comfort and reliability, not tech and gas mileage

3 Likes

It will also go off-road reliably better than pretty much anything else.

1 Like

Anyone able to find full cargo dimensions for the new one? Really want an SUV that I can fit fatbikes in with their front tires off in the back but it’s really hard finding anything new that can. Was really optimistic until I saw how high up the trunk started lol. I’m assuming because of the spare wheel underneath.

Definitely interested in the new GX as my next ride. Debating between that and Land Cruiser. Especially if they have relatively low TCO vs peers. Looking for a good value :slight_smile: love how rugged the new GXs look.