2024 Lexus 550 GX Luxury+ Lease advice, please

Hello all! Been lurking here (and learning a lot) for several years. I think it is the first time posting.

I am looking to lease the new Lexus GX 550 Luxury+ (sexy beast!). I realize because of the buzz and new release status, I am likely not going to get a killer deal. However, I also don’t want to get taken advantage of. Here’s the scoop on the ‘build’ I would like, but understand flexibility is needed as Lexus generally does not do special orders on these things. They are starting to arrive in the USA, and I expect to be a flurry of activity and overcharging/overpaying. Some dealers are adding a $10K markup just because they can. Others are working off MSRP. I definitely don’t want to fall for the new-release markups that if patient, will be less of an issue down the road.

My ‘build’:
BASE MSRP - $79,900
DPH $1,350
Add-ons $4,534
Total $85,784

I’m in WA state, but willing to travel for the right deal.

Much appreciate any feedback/expertise!

Calculate out what a lease looks like on this with an at msrp selling price. I suspect youll find a scary number.

3 Likes

If I don’t enter a residual value and money factor, yeah, SUPER scary. With both, it’s high, but not much higher than expected. Thank you for reminding me of the calculator, by the way! I’m still curious to what to potentially expect in real life.

What does this even mean? Have the RV/MF even been released yet?

1 Like

Im seeing .00310/63% on a 36/10 gx550 luxury. Makes the starting price around $1400/mo for my fl zip for an at msrp sales price.

3 Likes

I was simply entering best guesses based on other Lexus models. Not perfect, I realize, but I’m betting it’s not going to be wildly different. I could be wrong(!), but it’s something to start with.

Where are you seeing numbers? What’s overtrail program?

Edmunds showing the following for the Overtrail+ for 36/12k:

.00335 / 62%

1 Like

I saw that post on Edmunds but its for +, just wondering where he’s seeing it as Ratefinder isn’t pulling anything.

This will almost certainly not be a hackr lease. Why not just buy because Lexus usually holds value decently.

1 Like

Honestly, I like leasing for a number of reasons, one being I get a new, fun car every three years. I agree it may not be discounted or a killer deal lease (I wish!), but leasehackrs isn’t just about getting these unicorn deals. It’s also treasure trove of highly experienced, very knowledgeable people, who can speak to also if a lease is reasonable vs getting flat out screwed by a dealer.

With that said, I have not stated what I’ve been quoted so far! Sorry about that. That would be helpful in getting feedback. :grinning: In researching, many dealers are making up these vehicles crazy amounts, others working off MSRP… This one is attempting to lease like a Range Rover, coming in at nearly $10K over MSRP with a lease payment of nearly $1,900 for 36/15,000

Just buy the damn thing.

4 Likes

If you buy the GX you can keep it for as little or as long as you want.

Over the same three-year timeframe you’ll probably come out ahead with buy/sell vs. lease.

If that wasn’t the original point, I’ll take credit for the thought now. :wink:

3 Likes

Credit given! :rofl::rofl:

So what is your timeframe for needing a vehicle? I’d expect to see markups through the end of '24. You can find dealers probably out of your area that will do MSRP deals, but even those numbers aren’t going to look great (I’m using GX460 programs for reference).

This is a purchase vehicle or wait until the hype dies down and there are more LC250s and GX550s on the road.

1 Like

You ask have been immensely helpful. Thank you so much!

Sometimes this isn’t an either/or situation. There are some vehicles where even a great deal from a dealer is still a miserable lease. You’ll find that’s the case on this one for a while.

1 Like

You bring up a good point.