2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit/Summit Reserve L (or regular) - under $700 too much to ask?

Hello -

I have a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X lease that is ending this month and am looking to get into a Summit or Summit Reserve at $700 or so including tax. Am I aiming way too low on monthly?

There is $2k in bonus cash, $2k in lease loyalty.

My residual on this to buy it out at the end is $26k. If I turn it in I will owe about $2k in mileage overages. Dealership was offering only $23k if I traded it in. Dealership said residual on the one I’m looking at is 59% and MF was .00158 on 39 months. I’m willing to do $2k down but no more.

I’m in zip code 68114 but am willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the US to get what I’m looking for with the package I wanted.

https://www.edwardsvillagepointecdjr.com/inventory/1C4RJKEG6R8533782/

Is there any path to get to $7’s on a lease or is it a pipe dream? Every time I have gone in we have been in the $9’s and don’t know if it’s a me thing or a dealership thing.

Thanks all.

Complete the calculator.

What is the required discount to reach your desired monthly payment? Is it even realistic?

If I’m doing it correctly (I’ve only used it a couple times) it looks like selling price would need to come down about $6k.

If you can get 10% off MSRP and your residual and money factor are correct, should be around $700 plus tax with 2K drive off, problem is the Jeep warranty is only 36 months, and this is for 39

1 Like

You should be shooting for 12-14% off msrp. Thats a unicorn deal. Settle for a 10% off if you are ok leaving money on the table

1 Like

Are you open to any other makes and models?

What other cars have that set of features at that price point?

Following along here…tempted to consider these American made POS for the right price.

They are nowhere near the right price.

3 Likes

I am thinking more like $675/month max on these for a lease - for a Summit that is

What other models would you consider?

I don’t know that there are any other ones I can think of that have nicer interiors for that $675-$700 range. Thoughts?

I personally didn’t find anything uniquely nice about the JGC Summit interior. Hyundai and Kia upper trims have nice interiors too, for example.

Despite CJDR trying to gaslight people with their absurd stickers, most savvy consumers realize this is still just a mainstream car from a non-luxury brand. Every other loaded 2-row SUV of roughly a similar size is $40-45k so I’m not sure why anyone would spend $675-700 to lease in this segment. I’d rather buy than lease at a ratio that sounds more like rent-a-center than the financial savvy of LH

Or in the Marketplace I’m seeing loaded Santa Fe leases for upper $400s plus tax with 2k and broker fee DAS. Or a top of the line Lexus RX450+ PHEV can be bought out immediately after leasing for ~~60k (70 MSRP less 4k discount less 7,500 rebate).

But I’m willing to pay $675-$700 for a Summit so if there is an offer out there to be had, I’m game.

I checked out the Kia’s and Hyundais and I just don’t think the interiors match up to the Sunmit/Reserve at all. I don’t disagree with you that Jeep is gaslighting with those prices but under $700 it’s worth it to me. But not at the ridiculous $900+ I’ve been being quoted. That is straight up robbery.

Any Luck I think im willing to pay 780 on a L im in 07740

I was at a Jeep dealer yesterday driving a JGC limited w/blackout package. Of course I was thrown a number…and with $0 down it was upwards of $700-$800. I wasn’t there to talk numbers as I needed to go home and work some calculators and check marketplace. The point I’m trying to make is that was for a Limited….so SR is going to be more. And also that was their number, not a number I offered.

FYI there are better values among 3-row SUVs in the Marketplace

i got quoted in nj 650 with only dealer fees down on a 63k car limited with blackout and luxury tech
summit is coming to like 888 on a 78k car
trying again with a 73k summit

I am talking about an L BTW

How much should it be?

The answer to my question doesnt involve getting a quote from a dealer.