2024 Jeep Grand cherokee laredo

Since you should be buying instead of leasing just email all the Jeep dealers in NWI and IL burbs seeing if any of them will do X% off what model you want. X being what you have found to be a good discount off for that model. Maybe add a percent or two for negotiating.

PS, mllcb42 knows Jeeps so it looks like 11-12% off sticker would be a good target to ask dealers to meet on a purchase.

Or buy a brand that holds its value better.

Sure and the process for buying is easier too…as financing much easier for most to grasp as compared to leasing. X amount being financed at X rate/term equals X monthly payment.

Which is probably the reason why these buffoons miscalculated the sales tax. There can be no doubt that sales tax was levied on the selling price. Sales tax in Chicago, Illinois is levied on the sum of the base payments plus tax on taxable fees. And, then to add insult to injury, sales tax @9.00% is added to the base payment to get the contractual payment. YIKES! Makes no sense. The dealer WS is loaded with mistakes. If they can’t calculate an Illinois lease, they have no business doing Illinois leases. Find another dealer!

Illinois Sales Tax Calculations.pdf (1.2 MB)

Written by yours truly. Below is the Illinois Tax Guidelines…

Illinois Lease Sales Tax.pdf (305.3 KB)

Not written by yours truly. But probably written by the same chuckleheads that wrote the NY Tax Guidelines as they are strikingly similar.

My advice, for whatever it’s worth, is to extract only the useful information (good luck with that) and vet it. Then, create a target deal and put together a professional-looking lease proposal. You’re allowing the dealer to control by chasing after their inaccurate numbers.

1 Like

I pulled the msrp/discount/incentives out and ran a valc on it. Got close enough to the same price that the listed monthly is a good rough estimate of what this actually would be.

It’s not worth writing up a lease offer on this one.

Agreed! Suggested that OP find another dealer.

…and NOT lease! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, that’s the best thing to do in Chi town. Actually, the best thing to do is to get the hell out of Chicago for a butt load of reasons!

Wont make any difference in this situation.

Probably not but it’s his choice.

Hope I’m wrong but I bet OP ignores us and chooses to lease anyway because it appears to be about the payment and not about how much more they will pay for the additional City lease taxation as long as meets ‘budget’.

Yeah, I think he has his mind set on leasing and won’t be leaving Chicago anytime soon. For years, it has been among the most corrupt cities in the US.

Is this additional taxation only for lease? and not for buying?

Yes. That is what they have been trying to tell you. Don’t lease if you live in a Chicago address that has to pay this extra tax. You are better off buying, especially if you are not getting a 4xe with the $7500 rebate.