2024 Ioniq 5 Limited Trim - Help with leasing expectations in California

Hello wonderful community,

I just joined the forum last week and my head is spinning from all the awesome deals people are getting with the EQS and the Lucid. I think it has greatly skewed my expectations on leasing an Ioniq 5 Limited for myself here in Southern California.
So Hackrs, what should my expectation be for a great deal? I am hoping to land something below $500/mo with zero DAS if possible. The lowest I’ve been able to negotiate is for $540/mo with a local dealership but I am not confident that they will honor it. It feels like they’re just telling me what I want to hear in order to bring me in.
I would appreciate any guidance or referrals to an awesome broker/dealer in the area!

Best bet is to open up the calculator and start generating a target deal. Can use the broker listings and shared deals to identify a target discount and ratefindr to get the programs as they apply to you.

2 Likes

Checkout the California section in the Marketplace to have an idea on what deals local brokers have available on the Ionic 5.

1 Like

Honestly, if you’re negotiating back and forth, you’ll probably never get to matching these broker deals. It’s more of a matter of finding a dealer and salesperson that needs to make a sale. You might have to contact a dozen or more dealers. Do everything over email or phone, even the credit app. Good luck.

1 Like

I am also hunting a limited, but in Norcal. You should aim for around $10,500 all-in or lower. You benefit if you can pay the entire lease up front. If not, aim for $450/month or less. I have gotten to these numbers in norcal, but I am not willing to go that high, when SELs can be had in the 7000s, so waiting for a dealer to bite lower offer as the month progresses.

Lease hackers put a ton of demand on dealers after the $5999 deals of last month that they are all being completely arrogant at the moment, but I am guessing it will change. Many more Ioniqs in transit to all dealers.

Thanks for that insight. I would gladly jump on a $450/mo deal ASAP.

The deals in the marketplace all seem to be higher than $540/mo.

Thanks. It’s a little intimidating at first but i think im getting the hang of it.

Many of us (me included) came here with zero knowledge base.

There’s definitely a learning curve, but it’s well worth taking the time to conquer.

(And you’ve found the right place to learn.)

Here’s one.

This honestly doesn’t seem that great given ppl are somehow getting deals in the 300s. But 100% agree that finding a good deal is all about finding the right dlr/salesperson!

Thanks. I actually reached out to him a few days ago and he quoted $560/mo including taxes with zero DAS. he also got his trims mixed up and quoted me wrong prices and refused to admit he was wrong. Odd fellow.

What did you calculate the payment to be based on your expected discount, incentives, base MF and RV for your term?

Without additional details, just sharing a monthly payment is of no use to anyone reading this.

Dont bad talk me when I admitted I made a mistake and then corrected the quote

2 Likes

All the deals suck compared to the $389/mo lease on the $80k 2023 Lucids that some people got.

Zero DAS usually adds a pretty significant amount to the monthly. Current rates are pretty high. Any rate below 10%, the finance arm is taking a loss to move some cars. If you want zero DAS that actually makes sense, you need to find lease programs with low MF, like the KIA EV6 or Nero EV.

You were also very condescending but you left that part out, Jeff.

1 Like

Lies about me and then calls me odd but I am the bad person for giving you the quote you requested…

I muted you so we can stop the back and forth. Where is the lie?

1 Like