2024 Integra Type S Confirmed!

I’m excited for what could be calmer Civic Type R for adults. Not sure where the price will land, but hopefully Acura will plan enough of them that they won’t command ridiculous ADMs. Sounds a bit more exciting relative to what the TLX Type S is vs the TLX.

Im sure this will be as underwhelming as the integra is in general

9 Likes

I dunno, I kind of like the Integra and the Civic Type R has gotten nothing but praise so far, which bodes well.

i sell the integra, and can say the car is awful. it’s an ilx rebadged.

5 Likes

I liked it better when it was called the 2016 Sentra.

I think it can start in the high 40s, probably 48-49, starting higher than the M235i and S3. The germans will obviously go more expensive with options, but Acura likes to keep it simple, so I think it will probably be similar to MDX and TLX type s, 2 variants max. So where it starts is probably where it will end. That said tho, I’m personally not a big fan of rebadging cars without offering something new.

From what I can recall this new generation Integra is based on last gen Civic architecture so can’t mean it goes toe to toe with the new Type T

It’s absolutely based on the current gen Civic. Even shares much of the interior.

1 Like

That’s a valid point. They certainly could go higher but then it’s getting quite close to the TLX-S.

My bad I was confusing it with the ilx

Glad to see this car released, I think everyone was expecting it. I’m interested to see how they’ll differentiate it from the Civic Type R and what availability will look like. I suppose they’ll add a few creature comforts but if my memory serves, the original Integra had a much nicer interior vs. the Civic.

I would have really liked to have seen more power in the base Integra since at the current price point I believe it’s a tough sell. Other than reliability, I can’t imagine why one would choose it over the GTI.

Based on pics, I would slightly maybe half a step better (esp in the earlier generations)…

The targeted customers are different. Based on my chat with an Acura sales, the ones who bought the car are very rarely enthusiasts; they have no problem moving the automatics. There were a couple of parents who were buying the car for their college kids, which I think is an amazing choice for the first car for college students. The GTIs and the civic SI/Type r are definitely targeted toward enthusiasts. They don’t have the premium logo up front. And guess what, the Acura logo weighs more than everything else to the mass buyers.

Unpopular opinion here: throw in SH-AWD and Automatic.
Integra has never been AWD so why people are asking for AWD? BMW M3/4/5 doesn’t have AWD before, but now they make it, and it’s amazing. SH-AWD would be an awesome competitor to the Golf R.
Why Automatic? They sell more. Enthusiasts can always buy manuals.
Price will be too high? People pay big money for Type R, limit production, the cult is there.

This. Solid insight. Offer it with a manual and a DSG type automatic and they could command $50k on the enthusiast market. It also differentiates the CTR and the ITS fairly easily.

1 Like

Yeah, but we can only speculate…Maybe it won’t make financial sense for Acura. Maybe it would cost 60k for the ITS if what we said does happen lol…
But still, I think even ITS is low 50k it would still make sense to offer awd and auto. Can also be a strategy to move more TLX type s be like “hey its only a few grand more than our entry-level type-s.”

That center exhaust just looks terrible on it.

Same, but I do Hondas. Honda and Acura really need to step up their game to compete with how fast rivals are surpassing us. I would probably choose a Toyota, Hyundai, or Kia first before a Honda or Acura right now.

i laughed at hyundai until i started dailying an ioniq5. i eat crow. hyundai makes a really nice product.

2 Likes

I agree, years ago I wouldn’t have touched one lol. Now it’s a different story and they’re gaining market share.