2024 Hyundai Kona EV SE $287/m S&D with $2,500 check back from dealer (effective monthly $171/m)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2024 Hyundai Kona EV SE
MSRP: $34,440
Selling Price: $34,140
Monthly Payment: $287 (includes taxes)
Drive-Off Amount: -$2,500 (Had to structure it this way to avoid negative depreciation)
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .0056 (Base + .00040 Dealer markup :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)
Residual: $23,419 (68%)
Incentives: $15,350 (Lease Cash and CO Tax rebates)
Effective Monthly Payment: $170/m

CALCULATOR LINK

7 Likes

Congrats on the deal!

We would appreciate it if you could take a moment to share the deal on SIGNED! too, if you haven’t done so already.

As you know, the Leasehackr community relies on member contribution to stay informed and score deals. Posting your deal on SIGNED! is an easy way to give back to the community. As our token of thanks, SIGNED! contributors will be granted access to our private Hackrs Lounge where expert discussions happen (and where folks ask for MMR).

Each month, our editorial team would celebrate our handpicked SIGNED! deal of the month. The winner would be recognized on the forum if username is provided.

For your information, we have temporarily paused public access to uploaded SIGNED! contracts to prevent misuse. We are constantly working to build a healthy, productive space for our members.

Thank you for your contribution. Enjoy your ride!

1 Like

New to leasing, what was the reason for -$2500? Do you mind sharing which dealer this was? Looking for a deal exactly like this

Likely because rebates pushed under residual, though with those rebates it makes me wonder if a trade was involved

1 Like

No trade.

This is a Colorado special. You have to be a Colorado resident and have to find an Kona EV SE base with no upgrades.

Rebates:
Lease Cash - $7,500 (Essentially Fed Rebate)
Colorado EV Rebate - $5,000
Colorado EV Rebate Finance Assignment - $600
Hyundai Processing Fee - ($250)
Colorado EV Additional Rebate (under $35k MSRP) - $2,500

Total: $15,350

2 Likes

With the rebates and the dealer discount, the adjusted capitalized cost was lower than the residual cost. So that Hyundai would fund the lease, no finance company will fund a lease with negative depreciation, we took money out of the front end of the deal by writing me a check for $2,500.

1 Like

For the 5k Colorado ev rebate is that applied as a direct discount from MSRP, or do you get it back as a tax credit when you file taxes? I have a CO address but do not file income taxes there

I believe you need to be a Colorado Resident, because you have to sign a form at finance which transfers the assumability of the CO EV tax credit to the Finance company. And it requires a CO Drivers license. Since everything is assumed by the finance company, it doesn’t impact personal taxes and is taken at POS.

1 Like