2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 - what am I missing?

New supporter here - trying to learn how to use Rate Findr and Lease Calculator - please forgive my ignorance!

Hyundai has a $10k incentive and “Special Lease Rate” according to Rate Findr (at 15k miles yearly) that seems to put the Residual Value at 56%, MF at 0.00201, and monthly payment at $344.

So why does the dealer’s offer come out to $704 monthly? I feel like an idiot as I’m clearly missing something, haha.

You’ve got Tax Rate at 0% in the linked calculator. So that is missing from the $344 but I’m sure the dealer has estimated it in the $704.

You seem to have doubled up on the $10,000 lease cash as well. They are only selling you the car at $1000 below MSRP, but you have the selling price at $11000 below MSRP when it should only be $1000 below.

1 Like

:+1: Was just going to say that as well. Taking that double $10k out, the payment is now $637. Add tax and you’re probably at $704 or so.

Take a number and have a seat with the other polestar crowd, will call your number when were ready :joy:

Thanks everyone! I knew I was missing something, haha.

I visited Wilson County Hyundai last week and I was offered $483-$493/month on a 24-month lease/12K. This dealer seems to be asking a lot more with $700/month for a lease.

Well, that’s 3k less miles yearly, and were you putting anything down up front?

Don’t forget to check if Ariya, EV6, etc are doing better in the Marketplace and Signed Deals & Tips

And

Move to a strategy of making offers.

Plug the following into the LH calculator after MSRP of the vehicle you’re looking at:

Selling price based on % pre-incentive discount found by searching Shared Deals and Marketplace sections of this forum.

RV, MF and incentives (lease cash) from Rate Findr. Add any extra rebates you qualify for (college grad, etc) under incentives.

DMV fees and taxes based on your state’s official website.

Voila! Now check the box to make it $0 DAS and offer the resulting monthly payment*

• preferably rounded to a multiple of $5 or $10 to make yourself seem more like a normal person :innocent:
1 Like

They were asking for processing fees etc. which was around $1000