2024 Grand Highlander Deal - Good or Not? (Illinois)

Illinois-based.

I asked for their best offer on a Grand Highlander for both finance and lease ($0 cash down other than first month payment). Finance assumed a 4.99% rate. I also told them to assume “Very Well Qualified.” What you see below is their BEST offer.

Here is what they sent. Thoughts?

This might be the worst lease offer I have ever seen.

Do you live in Chicago?

3 Likes

OMG. Don’t walk…Run!

1 Like

Central Illinois (Bloomington/Peoria area). I about spit out my coffee when I saw the lease numbers.

Ask @Jrouleau426 our go to Toyota deal here.

3 Likes

Just got an updated text from the Sales Professional advising she made a mistake on the lease numbers. I’ve attached the updated sheet she sent me below. This assumes a residual value of $32,927 and a MF of .0042.

This is still abysmal.

You need to establish a target deal and make an offer based on that. Stop asking them how much they want you to pay.

Thanks mll…any guidance on what my target deal should be for this vehicle?

Youll need to look through the broker listing and shared deals to establish a target pre-incentive discount then plug that in with the lease programs as they apply to you into the calculator.

1 Like

Look at the MF and calculate apr for lease by multiplying it to 2400. This roughly comes out to 10%.
Residual of $32,900 gives about 59% residual value.
Your payments, technically, should only cover that amount of msrp - residual, about 23k in your case. Calculate interest over 3 years at the apr and throw in taxes to get the total sum.

This deal at 0 down (assuming no drive off) is forking about 39k out of your pocket in 3 years so you are basically paying over 70% of msrp in 3 years if you lease (terrible).

Hopefully this make some sense.

1 Like

Is this a hybrid? Even if so this is terrible.

Text me

Jim
215-359-6836

1 Like

Thanks, Jim. I’ll text you on Thursday (4/11).

1 Like