2024 Dodge Charger

I didn’t see any discussions of this yet.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60047406/2024-dodge-charger-daytona-ev-revealed/

I feel like that article was written by Stellantis. The car weighs three tons. The word “Tesla” doesn’t appear in the article. I wonder how they’ll lease. Large rental companies and law enforcement probably won’t continue to buy them.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

On the bright side, not a lot of people will want to steal these

Stellantis is going to loose a lot of money on these.

Fortune favors the bold, and if this move is nothing else, it is definitely bold.

I have a hard time believing Dodge’s muscle car fans are going to jump into a BEV, but…

…from a performance perspective, the BEV Charger could give the muscle car fans a compelling off the line experience (though with artificial engine growls)

…the fuel economy on the ICE Charger is terrible, nobody is buying a Charger for its range, so battery limitations feel like less of a concern.

Probably Stellantis got tired of buying the ZEV credits from Tesla and decided to build this.

Which means many examples of this model will be eventually parked on LHers’ driveways.

Stellantis execs will be happy. LHers will be happy. So maybe it’s a… good thing?

haha yes for this

1 Like

Think range affects EV marketability and perception way more than MPG for ICEVs.

1 Like

I can’t wait for these to be under $300 a month in a year or two, I’m gonna get one if they give them away

1 Like

From a raw, gas-guzzling, muscle car identity to an EV…this is quite the change in brand ethos.