2024 Civic Hatchback Sport lease quote

Hi, is this a good deal?

$408 a month 36/10k lease for 2024 Civic Hatchback Sport 6 speed manual. $0 down, $606 total due at signing.

Why not buy it? You’re paying about 15k over 3 years anyways, and civics last forever and hold value well.

Get rid of the pro-pack and if the deal has base MF sign it. Buying makes more sense but it’s up to you.

Or buy the Si instead of the manual base model. It should hold value better.

By today’s standards, it’s a decent deal. If you don’t want to buy that is

Thank you all for your feedback.

What would you all recommend besides this, then?

I am looking for a 36/10k lease with $0 down. Ideally, the cheapest deal I can get with just drive off fees.

We purchased a low mileage used 21’ Accord for less than the price to lease a new civic recently and its a much nicer car in so many ways. Accord leases really aren’t all that bad either. I had to sit there and listen to someone sign a Civic lease for $350 a month with $4500 down so comparatively you have a solid deal lol. Get the “pro-pack” removed and a couple hundred dollars more off and that’s as good as it will get

1 Like

Most cars don’t lease well. A great lease is very much an exception and right now those exceptions are pretty much all EVs and a couple PHEVs.

Do some simple math. Your DAS + 35x monthly payments. That’s your 36m total. Double that. That’s your 72m total (2 consecutive leases). Now compare that to the purchase price of the car.

1 Like

Maybe we need a sticky thread of which non BEV or non PHEV or non FCEV cars “lease well” (not sure who will define what qualifies for this) at any given time. There has to be one out there. This is Leasehackr… not FedTaxFreebiehackr.

Edit: Is there a way to query the Rate Findr database by MF and total rebates? I think that may help discover non-IRA-Freebie cars with some subventions.

Thank you, all. It is hard for me to justify spending this to lease a compact car. I am probably better purchasing this or financing a gently used vehicle with low miles. I’m currently leasing a Rav 4 for $350 a month…which is the family vehicle. Our second vehicle will strictly be my commuter car for work.

An EV might be your best bet for a lease.
Something like a Nissan Ariya.

If it’s a purchase, definitely go for brand new and not “gently used” — that is the worst value segment. And akin to catching a falling knife. Yes, all cars depreciate but a well bought brand new car is going to depreciate less than the inflated used car, as ironic as that is.

Remember it’s not just the purchase price but also the interest charged over the course of your ownership plus maintenance. Look at 0-0.9% APR offers for Hyundai Tucson, Mazda CX5, etc.

If used, get something close to fully depreciated in the sub $7,000 category— pay cash, choose a car with low repair bills, and don’t carry comp/collision insurance for the car.

1 Like

Oh, I like that idea. Maybe starting a new thread on this topic… quarterly? Or something like that (just so someone isn’t wading through like 1K posts).

1 Like

I completely agree with you - this site is the only one out there where people talk about leases in a constructive manner. Most enthusiast sites hate the idea of leases and any useful lease discussion dies super fast. So finding a way for this site to keep lease discussion going (instead of forking into a Loan, CPO, and Used convo) would be in my eyes awesome.

I think to accomplish what you’re envisioning would require monthly updates (since lease programs are monthly). But more importantly it would require someone to do some data analysis about the information in the Rate Findr.

While the RateFindr tool gives a person the option to drill into these cars and poke around on certain coices, it doesn’t really help a layperson understand where the good lease deals may be hiding this month… because RateFindr isn’t searchable.

For example, right now Mazda and Subaru have 60% resid and what amounts to 1.5% to 3% APR leases on CX-50 and Outback. While these aren’t going to result in earth-shattering great deals, they are slightly better deals than some other brands… especially if someone can also negotiate factory-consumer rebates or access some trunk money or holdback.

Contrast with, a Chevy Blazer 2LT (not the EV) at 56% resid and a 8% APR MF. So if someone wants a vehicle in this general CUV price class, the better leases would be with Mazda and Subaru… or if someone really wants a Chevy they need to be ready for a stiff negotiation to get access to a lot of trunk money.

Your Civic lease is kind of tweening (61% resid and 5.4% APR). I personally wouldn’t want to call this a “bad” lease, given the state of the market on these price classes and interest rates.

This quote is the cheapest I have come across. I have had others around $450 all the way up to $485 (priced Toyota Corollas too).

In a perfect world, I’m looking for a vehicle good on gas, and with a low MF. Not sure if I’m being unrealistic here…I know the market is significantly different than it was 3 years ago. I’m willing to look at other brands besides my preferred Honda or Toyota.

I switched to outright buying after 7 years as I could not match my previous leases. got a 2018 honda civic for my son for 17k . That was more compelling to me than a 400+ civic lease

A local dealer near me has a 2013 Accord EXL with 48,972 miles for 16,273. One owner, clean car fax. Thoughts on this?

Im always hesitant to believing the actual odometer numbers on vehicles these days.

Statistics show that over 400,000 vehicles a year have false odometer readings …thats why i find it very very hard to buy a used vehicle…

Yes, but… that’s just a lot of work. :wink: And not working I personally am willing to do! (although fully supportive of the owners and trusted hackers doing it).

Also, while the program can technically change monthly, do things like the low APR only last a month? I assume not.

Okay, back to the original topic…

I don’t have historical data to prove this (this is where I wish the LH database were more easy to search and review hah), but subvented programs (artificially low MF and APR) typically appear on quarter-end or in alignment with certain programs ending.

Like the last month of 2023 lease support will likely be accompanied with a MF that is lower than you tried to lease the same vehicle right now.

That’s a lot for an 11yr old Accord. The miles don’t compensate for that fact.

Paying cash I’d look at a $20k Elantra, Forte, etc. If financing I’d look at 0% APR for 60 months on CX5 or Tucson.