2024 BMW X7 // Agreed to 6% off MSRP but nervous numbers don't tie with lease calculator

1st time lease negotiator here. Agreed to 6% off MSRP but I’m still nervous that my numbers don’t tie when I plug into lease calculators (Leasehackr or Edmunds).

MSRP 94895
6.07% off
Adjusted 89130
Add on from dealer ie tinting 1000
10,000 trade
Fees 925
Admin charge 150
Tax 5064.77
non tax fee 341
Total 86609.45

Monthly payment with 0 cash down = $1375
Edmunds shows me ~$1180.

Share your calculator.

EDIT: Is there a deal sheet from the dealer? What is the MF and RV?

What lease terms?

And what’s the trade? Did you get more appraisals?

2014 Audi A4.

We can beat this deal.

4 Likes

Get some offers.

1 Like

Marketplace has much better deals for the same car. Not a good deal.

No offense, but this has to be one of the worst overall values I have seen on a BMW. There are just too many more interesting vehicles out there for this or lesser amounts of money. It may be that the X7 simply does not lease well, in which case you may want to consider other vehicles.

If you are set on an X7, then go the broker route unless you have very good negotiating skills and time to spare. You can learn how a good deal is structured and be better prepared on your next lease.

1 Like

There’s really no other good alternatives to x7 other than GLS or Range Rover (Lexus and minivans are not really comparable), both are just expensive if not more. High lease cost is simply a reflection of the interest rates and higher time value of money currently.

1 Like

So $1,375 x 35 = 48k+

… in 3 years you’ll start from scratch (no equity) and lease another one … with inflation probably 52k

So ~100k spent over six years and 0 equity. Start again from scratch

For a car you can buy for 86 OTD?

If you are buying it, tax won’t be just 5k on a 86k car, would be like 9-10k. 96k paid in cash with just 5% interest would be a time value of 15k lost over 3 years. The car would likely be worth 50k after 3 years unless you sell to private, that’s 46k lost from depreciation and taxes. 46k+15k=61k cost of ownership if you buy it, maybe 51k if you try to sell private after 3 years. 48k lease cost is not that bad in perspective.

It’s Texas. Taxes are literally the same whether you purchase or lease.

1 Like

I see, that kind of sucks for lease more I guess. But even with 5k numbers are not that different for buying as well.

The equivalence doesn’t have to be 3 years of ownership. Get into the shallows of the depreciation curve. Own it for 4 years or extend the warranty and go 5-6. You can also be much more opportunistic about the next car instead of looking at these god awful quotes every 3 years.

$86000 * .0625 = $5375

1 Like

So you’re suggesting finance and not lease?

The main thing I don’t understand is why the numbers don’t tie to online lease calculators. Am I missing something in the lease calculators or are they padding something in their numbers. I’m a math person so am not afraid of numbers…just not seeing how they add up.

@hooksfam GO with @IAC - seriously he can easily beat it.

1 Like

In this case, yes. You’re not getting any benefit from a cycle of leases here.

If anything trading this in the future reduces your next tax due, if you buy/finance it.

Most likely the MF is not buyrate.