2024 BMW iX50 Lease Question

If you don’t know how much he’s asking due at signing, you CAN NOT compare monthly payments.

Right now, you’ve got no idea what deal they’re offering.

I’m pretty confident that’ can be done. I pinged 3 NorCal dealers and 2 socal ones and they all offered 12% before credit. But with 40 point mark up on MF. W offer d to meet in the middle at 20 points (0.0007) so I took the deal (and rounded up th discount to even number $12k. Good luck

alright. Just signed everything and got the car. Sweet.

Thanks again to everyone. It was super helpful as this was my first lease.

$97.5K MSRP
$12K off
$9,900 credit
.0007 MF
$2,400 drive off ( acquisition, commercial registration, first month and tax on discount and credit (do I need to pay this?))
7x MSD ( at 0.0006 each)
Monthly payment with tax is $643. Amazing deal. Hopefully it gets better for everyone in the next month (but not too much ;))

Very happy with the deal. Thanks again for all you help and advice.

6 Likes

Sounds like a great deal, I got 12% off in October but full MF markup and of course worse program… You should consider sharing this on SIGNED because it has deal of the month potential.

1 Like

Please post the deal.

1 Like

Congrats on the new ride. The $9,900 rebate is taxable as are all consumer-facing rebates in California, AFAIK.

We would appreciate it if you could take a moment to share the deal on SIGNED! too, if you haven’t done so already.

As you know, the Leasehackr community relies on member contribution to stay informed and score deals. Posting your deal on SIGNED! is an easy way to give back to the community. As our token of thanks, SIGNED! contributors will be granted access to our private Hackrs Lounge where expert discussions happen (and where folks ask for MMR).

Each month, our editorial team would celebrate our handpicked SIGNED! deal of the month. The winner would be recognized on the forum if username is provided.

For your information, we have temporarily paused public access to uploaded SIGNED! contracts to prevent misuse. We are constantly working to build a healthy, productive space for our members.

Thank you for your contribution. Enjoy your ride!

@hechon not only deal of the month, I think it’s the best deal I’ve ever seen on an iX 50. Looking forward to you sharing in SIGNED. It’ll be great to ask all the agents to help chase down this deal for us in other markets too!

I believe someone did get a better deal (in sale price pre-incentive) back a few months ago before one of the big improvements in the program.

Not really a fair comparison though considering how juiced up the program is now. :sweat_smile:

Congrats! However the previous calculator you posted with the same numbers has an effective monthly of ~$827. Am I missing something?

Here’s one I got from a dealer today. Looks like they added a mandatory “ceramic” coating for $995, and marked-up the MF from .00050 to .00111. Definitely not as good a deal.

Not marked up just lazy, They’re just not using the new program yet.

They’re probably still on the old residual of 53% for 10K too.

[Stooges2]
Congrats! However the previous calculator you posted with the same numbers has an effective monthly of ~$827. Am I missing something?

I don’t know how to quote another post so i just copy/pasted. sorry about that.

i looked back at the calculator i posted, here is what the difference was:
someone on leasehackr said in California each MSD is worth 0.0004, there was no way to reflect that on the calculator, so instead of 7x MSD, i did 5x, which is somewhat close to the total discount (0.00006 vs 0.00004 = 0.0003 vs 0.00028). when i went to the finance office, they told me the discount per MSD was 0.0006, and i did the max 7x MSD so the effective MF ended up being, i think 0.00028, i hope this helps.

So this 0.00004 vs 0.0006 is not a real thing then ? Did your lease end up showing 0.0006 per MSD ?

[mjr_kong]
So this 0.00004 vs 0.0006 is not a real thing then ? Did your lease end up showing 0.0006 per MSD ?

Huh? it is a real thing. if you put down 1x monthly payment (MSD, rounded up to 50s and 100s), your MF goes down by 0.00006. so let’s say your MF is 0.0005 the current base rate, then, if your monthly payment at that rate is, say $745, then round it up to $750, this is your MSD. so if you put down the maximum allowed, which is 7x, i.e. $5,250, then your rate would be 0.0005 - (0.00006*7)= 0.00008. in my case, the MF they offered was 0.0007 (they added 0.0002 markup, which i agreed to), so my effective rate was 0.0007 - 0.00042 = 0.00028, which in annaul term is x2600 = 0.728% which is close to nothing.

I was asking if 0.00004 reduction per MSD was real for iX, or if it was same 0.00006 as all other BMW programs. You mentioned 0.00004 as well as another thread. Sounds like it is 0.00006 for iX, right ?

@hechon I tried to replicate your deal here. The only way I could do it is to reduce the miles to 7,500/year (which raises the RV to 55%). Then I added in a $785 down payment to get the total due at signing to $2,400.

I’m still amazed at the .0006 MF, it doesn’t seem realistic that BMW FS would be subsidizing interest rates that much. But if they do then with MSDs interest goes virtually to zero.

I still can’t get my head around this!

@mjr_kong

yes i read some place that for California, it was 0.00004 but the finance manager looked up something and printed out that it indeed is 0.00006. i mean, i told him i read some place that it was 4 and he looked up and told me it looked like it is 6. i didn’t argue. i just said, that’s great. :slight_smile:

I have not seen any bulletins indicating that there is a different multiple security deposit program for iX.

I’m still waiting to hear back on one pay since that would bring it below the threshold barring any rate markups.

That being said, if one has been looking for a battery electric vehicle and needs to bury some negative equity then there is no time like the present

May I ask which dealer you went to?

How much negative equity does BMFS allow someone to slam in there? Eg as a % of MSRP or some fixed $ limit.

There has to be a cap to the amount of extra capitalized cost the lease can absorb while still conforming with their implied debt against the leased product while still keeping the MF the same.

IMO if I were in underwriting, anyone rolling negative wouldn’t qualify for tier 1 since losses are going to come from this type of borrower first.