2023 Volkswagen Tiguan SE R Line Black - Is this a good lease deal? FL

Looking to lease a VW Tiguan SE R Line Black. I wanted the SEL R line (only cause of the Fender sound system upgrade) but seems too out of my price range…unless there’s a broker here who can help!

From a local dealership here in S. Florida:
Tiguan SE R Line Black:
$35,616 - MSRP
$34,715.29 - selling price

.0028 MF
Residual 59%
39 months
10 K miles a year

2 k drive off (I believe includes tags, registration, first month, extra fees -not 100% sure which need to clarify)

$499 a month with tax included

Not entirely sure of any incentives. He said he gave me $1 K off since it’s “not the color I want”. Looking for white exterior but this was black on black. Seems absurd that a $35 K car is $500 a month.

I am located in S Florida - Miami area but will go anywhere for a deal or if there is a broker I will pay!

Verify the residual and money factor to make sure they are using the best bank and best numbers. Also- if they gave you $1000 off because it’s “not the color you want” (good ol dealer tactic to make it seem they are your bff) ask for a stronger discount or see what others are paying or getting as a discount. Find out EXACTLY what that 2k is. You are looking at about 550 a month if you break it all down over your lease term. Are you ok with that payment?

Yes, I will find out today what the 2 K covers and no I am not okay with even $499 a month. Definitely don’t think he is my BFF lol. I’ve seen posts here from only a few months back with 2-2500 drive off, $400 plus tax for the same car. So either it’s a FL issue, lack of inventory or just plain trying to screw me.

Unfortunately, it’s an all of the above issue. The dealer fees alone are probably about $1000. I’m in south Florida too and know your pain lol.

Are you dead set on this particular model? The interest rate in this is about 6.72% which isn’t horrible in todays market, but could definitely be better.

You can definitely finance for about the same price, you should be able to get $2-3k off I would imagine.

Pretty dead set on it…I think most similar size SUVs right now are about 4-450 ish from what I am seeing. I wanted the SEL R Line cause it has the better sound system but thats going to put me in the mid 500s

TBH I’ve only leased…if I finance don’t I need a larger down payment like 10-20% of purchase price? I am not entirely sure the process and the rates right now are killer like around 7% to finance

Depending on your credit- you can usually purchase with nothing down. The down payment just lowers your monthly, or if you aren’t approved for the full value of the car, you have to make up the difference. I am not sure of VW interest rates, but captives (VW direct financing- whoever they use) would have the best rates. Sometimes the lower interest rate is in lieu of other discounts though.

My credit is around 747 so not really an issue there. dealer ran it yesterday. I will look into financing

There is a financing thread on here with lots of good information, you should definitely shop around for the best rate, won’t be a problem getting approved for 100% of the cost of the car with your credit score