2023 Toyota Camry XSE V6 Fully Loaded Finance deal

My Acura runs on 93 Octane so yes in my eyes. Acura says 17.2 for Fuel tank size and i have not even gotten close to that which is weird. Camry has 15.8Gallons and requires 87 Octane

Well it can be, but in some circumstances it’s actually kind of normal. I once got rear ended at low-ish speed and they had to do some frame straightening at the body shop once they had the rear bumper off. You wouldn’t have known it by looking at the car (bumper in particular).

It’s just so case dependent. But a dealer can surely convince you it’s going to drastically affect your trade in value. Funny how it’s no longer a big deal when they go to sell it to the next guy however.

Trade in value was the issue lol. Last year ACURA dealer offered 21,500 or 22.5 something like that. Few weeks ago i went to Lexus dealership to look at at a Toyota TRD and they offered 14k LOL.
This Dealership is offering me $18,500 so having the damage is effecting me

They are offering you more for your Acura, but selling you the Camry at MSRP.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

:point_up_2::point_up_2: @Jarrod1811 - You don’t have to answer that question, but it might help us understand your decision.

I am no financial planner, but buying a new car in this current market and financing it at a considerably higher rates vs a couple of years ago is not the smartest move for someone with a credit score in the low 600s.

1 Like

How is paying 9% on the Acura better than 5.5% on a new Camry?

You can always refinance your current loan.

1 Like

I tried recently believe it or not and the credit union offered me 12% so its worse.

I think 5.5% on a new 2023 Camry from Toyota Financial services is okay

How many more months do you have on the loan for the Acura?

What credit union? Why not take 5 minutes to read over the post I linked. There are few MA credit unions on the list. FWIW, some of the rates might have gone up, but if you plan to refinance try and get a loan for not more than 36 months. It will help you pay down your negative equity faster.

Good luck with your purchase. I have no other advice for you.

EDIT: This credit union in MA is offering 4.49% financing. That’s even better than what Toyota Financial is offering. To be a member, you need to live, work or go to school in Middlesex or Worcester County.

1 Like

Or it just gives them an excuse to lowball you. Honestly I would keep the car and just aggressive pay down the loan if you can’t refi lower.

You are obsessing over the interest rate and ignoring the fact you’re taking on $20k additional debt for a new car that will depreciate significantly as soon as you drive off the lot.

14 Likes

You can take the APR from Toyota and finance something like a Corolla LE.

Lower price
Lower payment
Lower gas bills

No 2023 Camry should be $40k. Dealer sees your hardon and plays you like a fiddle. He’s not looking out for you.

Only person who can look out for you is you.

14 Likes

$25k vs $44k.

2 Likes

Even with every reply in this thread saying don’t do it, we can all see where this is going.

YOLO

20 Likes

It’s cause you don’t fill up when you’re bone dry. Typically even with gas light on there’s a few gallons left.

Also the TLX recommends 91, but you certainly can use 87 if you have to.

If fuel economy is your concern, you’re shopping the wrong car anyway.

5 Likes

Went back and noticed this dialogue already happened a year ago when the OP wanted to roll his negative equity into another Acura.

11 Likes

Ouch

So we should expect another post in about a year… “how do I get out of this Camry? Dealer says I have $15000 negative equity. But I can get 4% interest which is better than 5% so it’s a good deal right?”

3 Likes

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

5 Likes

Shout out to everyone who offered to help a year ago and again today

4 Likes

this aged well

5 Likes