2023 Toyota Camry XSE V6 Fully Loaded Finance deal

Not sure if this is a good purchase or not but I think it will in the long run?

CREDIT SCORE IS **610

I have a 2018 Acura TLX 2.4 4 Cylinder. Loan amount is 25K left with a 9.04% Interest payments are $730.00 per month with Moderate Damage/Frame Damage

Filling up the Acura a week is $65

Toyota offered me $18,500 which was fair considering last year i got offered $22,500

I went into Toyota and got denied for a 2021 or 2020 Toyota Camry TRD. Toyota Financial said the car was to much LTV(Loan to Value) even with 4500$ down. Toyota Financial told me and the Finance manager to wait till March for the new Finance specials.
Come along March and the dealer told me that Toyota approved a 2023 Toyota Camry XSE V6 Fully Loaded with
MSRP= 36,645.00
Factory Installed Packages& Accessories which is $2,020.00
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assist Package
Navigation Upgrade Package
Blacked out package
Total Price= 40,561.00
INTEREST RATE IS 5.5% For 72 Months Toyota already Confirmed this is correct.

Total Price would be $44,452 after said and done. Some Negative equity was rolled in.

So $6500 in negative equity rolled in?

Why are you upgrading from a 4 cylinder engine to a 6 cylinder engine? Do you really need a new car now?

Why not focus on improving your credit score?

7 Likes

not only that but a camry can be had at a discount now

https://www.edmarktoyota.com/inventory/new-2023-toyota-camry-xse-fwd-4dr-car-4t1k61ak6pu131851/

enjoy the car!

1 Like

What’s up with the damage? Did you consider having insurance look at that, maybe the car is totaled and you can walk away, although I’m confused why a Toyota dealership would offer $18k on a car with frame damage, feel like there’s some details missing

1 Like

5.5% for a 610 Score isn’t terrible considering my Acura was 9% lol. It would be less than 6500 rolled in? i put 4500$ down to offset the equity?

Nothing missing. Been working this deal for over a week lol. $18,500 as a trade in.

Car isn’t totaled or anything. It’s my daily driver

well I’m confused, frame damage is a big deal, I assume the unibody isn’t actually bent. Rolling your negative equity into a $40k Camry is just kicking the can down the road, you’ll still be negative for years to come. What’s the MSRP and discount on the Camry?

1 Like

MSRP was 36,645.00

All the negative equity was rolled in, the rate is great for your credit score, assume that’s through TFS, I assume no cash down or is $4500? You need a worksheet breaking down all the numbers, I’m not sure what exactly is going on. Whatever you do make sure you get GAP if you go through with this

You really need to replicate your numbers in the calculator

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: It’s your money, but if I were you I would just keep driving the Acura.

3 Likes

5.5% for 610 Credit Score and its through Toyota Financial Services and i put $4500 down.

$56k to drive a Camry for 6 years, it’s your call. I’d pay down the Acura until it’s positive, throw some double payments at it. Do you have the $4500 in cash or using a CC or something? Not sure a fully loaded Camry is the best choice, that’s probably the highest depreciating one you could get.

2 Likes

Did the dealer run your credit and confirm that you have been approved for that rate?

Correct. Phone call with Toyota Fiancial aswell approved the 5.5%

i only got
$46,224.98 All in Cost. Not sure where you got 56K lol?

Finance costs. Check out the calculator that was attached.

Refinancing the Acura looks like a better option for you.

1 Like

Sounds like you are going to move forward but the warning signs are flashing: a Camry for over msrp, a credit score that needs improving, and a good amount of negative equity. If you do move forward, I would have a plan to stick with this car until the loan is paid off.

8 Likes

Are you aware its a 2023 XSE V6 Model MSRP is $36,645. It comes out to 40k ish becuase of the addon packages which i desire

What problem are you trying to solve for here - is your current car reliable? Doesn’t seem like you’re reducing your payment and likely not going to save on gas going from a 4cyl to V6.

Have you gotten other estimates on value of your car?

Is MSRP really the best you can do on this car and do you need the $2k add-ons?