2023 Tesla Model 3 - $397 a month / 26 months remain $2950 DAS

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD

MSRP: $46,130
Monthly payment: $397

Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): here’s the calculation, $2950 DAS/ 26 months remaining = $113. $113+$397= $510 effective.

Comparison to a new lease through Tesla
New ones equipped comparably and registered in NJ w 12k miles are for:
Numbers ran at 12:38PM EST on 11/4/2023. 07644 NJ reg zip code.
$40,490 MSRP (this is a comparably equipped car to mine, only option being black paint// talk about price cuts!!)
36 Months: $526 p/m with $1557 due at signing, so $569 effective
24 Months: $611 p/m with $1643 due at signing, so $679 effective.
I believe this deal pencils out well if you’re looking for a shorter term lease.

Lease Details
Current mileage: 11,050
Maturity mileage: 36,000
Effective miles per month:935
Maturity date: 3/8/2026

MSD due (if any): $0
Cash due (if any): $2950

Financial institution: Tesla Financial
Transfer fee: $650
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes - I believe can only be transferred to states where Tesla offers leasing

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:
Immaculate condition, no accidents. Tires in great condition. Garage kept.
Comes with floor mats + frunk mat.
Those of you familiar with the Model 3 Standard Range would know that from the factory these cars don’t ship with floor mats. I was surprised to see no mats in the car. I bought them separately from Tesla and this car comes with them.

Photos:

Slightly dumb question - less familiar with Tesla leases. The cash due to you is cap reduction?

Hey so I think that would be a relevant Q if I was a broker or a dealer. This is not a new lease. This is just someone taking over my existing lease thru Tesla.
Does this clarify?

DAS lowered from $3750 to $3000
This adjusts for transfer fees etc + a little extra over.

Can we discuss over phone to understand better ?

Sure PM me your cell and I can give you a call

You’re basically looking to keep the NJ charge up rebate?

$504 is a tough pill to swallow on a model 3, for NJ residents atleast.

GLWT.

4 Likes

Yeah he’s keeping the entire rebate he got that’s why he’s asking for thousands das

The state can come after you for the rebate if you exit the lease early.

Keeping it or not keeping the rebate doesn’t matter, only what the lease cost is relative to the current market for the same vehicle.

That being said, when I exit early I’ll probably split the rebate and keep half the risk to sweeten the deal.

I wish I was keeping the rebate.

Terms of the program require repayment of the rebate if the vehicle is not kept for 36 months.
Since I will be transferring out of the car, NJ will come after me for the full amount.
At $3k DAS, I’m putting in an additional $1k from my pocket to cover the difference.

Screenshot below of the ownership provision:

Thanks for not jumping to a conclusion here. This is precisely why I’m recouping as much of it as I can.
Given it’s NJ, the odds of them coming after are close to a 100%. At least in my past experiences any ways.

1 Like

Yeah, the rebate risk is between the original lessee and the state. It isn’t anyone else’s business.

For the new lessee only the effective cost vs the current market matters.

Glwt.

Mods - please close thread / make it unlisted.
Vehicle transferred.