2023 Subaru Forester Premium

I believe theres a larger donation amount to the aspca that gets you there immediately

2 Likes

Mf is set by the bank and will vary by brand/model/etc. It can be significantly higher than .0025. Youve got to use the actual value to your calculator be useful.

1 Like

I will update the calculator once I submit my application and keep you updated on the results!

Dont do that.

You should know what the numbers should be before talking numbers with a dealer and definitely before signing a contract.

How can one effectively negotiate without knowing where you should be?

2 Likes

$500

Start at first post, the last 1000 are WRX related

1 Like

I agree, I should understand the basics before negotiating, however, I do not know how to find the MF. I have tried searching online to no avail. I asked the dealer and they said they cannot tell me until they run my application.

You can get easy access to most every vehicle via the supporter calculator here by becoming a super supporter or you can post on the edmunds model specific forum and gets numbers one at a time.

2 Likes

Total BS. Go here if you will not pay for the Calc via being a SS.

1 Like

Thank you two so much for the help. It looks like the NF is 0.00255. I was pretty close! With that being said, why are they asking $410/mo when it should be around $360/mo?

How much are they asking due at sale?

They are asking for $3,000 down payment+first month payment+sales tax+registration. It comes out to around $3,900

Either your calculator is off, or they marked the MF up.

Your calculator has $4300 due at sale, so thats part of it. The monthly is pretty close if you set the due at sale to $3k

Otherwise, they may be marking up the mf above buy rate.

1 Like

Would dealerships intentionally mark up on money factor to make more money? I do not know how dealerships make money off of deals. Would the extra $40-$50/mo make the salesman more commission?

Every day of the week, and twice on Sundays

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by VH1

2 Likes

:laughing: That’s too funny

Another read through Leasing 101 may be in order: that the dealer can markup the MF is one of the basics. That’s why we always recommend you get the buy-rate from Edmunds or Rate Finder, and do all the math yourself before you speak with a dealer.

1 Like

Usually a dealer gets to keep almost the entire mark up amount, so that $50/mo is an extra $1000 in their pocket per vehicle.

1 Like

I will post any updates! I will probably hear back from them on Monday