2023 Porsche Macan S lease

That’s what I want to do, but I couldn’t find the RV for 7500 miles. I paid to be a supporting member and get access to it, but they didn’t have it listed.

#fixed 1010

2 Likes

5k down on a 60 month loan is ~1,800 a month. Their current APR is 6.99 for tier 1. I can find 5.99 at a credit union, but the numbers are still ugly.

I did just browse the BMW deals and realize you can get almost 2 X5’s for the same price. :neutral_face:

1 Like

First, consider 66 or 72 months if you want a lower payment. The rate is usually the same and you can pay it off early.

Unless there is a business write-off for leasing, just finance it. The RV is great (+4% for 7500 miles, there is also a 5k and 2.5k option as well), but the money factor kills it.

3 Likes

Take a look at the below thread and try to find something in the 5% range.

If you finance $89k @ 5%/60mo your payment is $1680 so roughly $200 more than the lease first mentioned above above. But after 39 months your loan payoff is roughly $34k compared to a $54k RV on the lease.

Even factoring in the additional $8k in monthly payments made you’re still $12k ahead going with a loan vs. lease.

2 Likes

Ahh, got it. So the MF kills it. Thanks…

Google is your friend…you can find MF/RV info here or ask for it:

Porsche sales career website traffic :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:

2 Likes

Save yourself the money and go negotiate the Macan Listing in the Private Transfers forum.

Neither of the Macans in that sub-forum are the exact model or spec the OP wants…

I guess I’m quite confused as to how this is even a discussion when there is a supposed GT3 and Turbo S on order. Macan S is a fairly small fish in a large pond. :man_shrugging:t2:

That adds a lot to this thread, thanks. The difference between lease and finance here came out to be about 20k as @j_e_f_f pointed out. I think that was worth spending 10 minutes on this discussion. I make less than 120k an hour which is what I saved by spending some time discussing this.

4 Likes

No one really knows what the market will be for this car after 39 months and there are too many variables along the way (e.g. collision, vandalism, et al.) that will negatively affect its value. If I had to take a wild guess and given that this is an elaborate S build which exceeds the manufacturer’s MRM and is way too close in dollars to a strippy GTS, it is likely that this car will have a conservative resale value in the mid to high 40s after 39 months depending on condition and mileage. Additionally, if the Macan market continues its current trajectory we will see consistently good discounts in the 6 - 9 percentiles that will certainly taint this full pop spec. If the OP is lucky, and the car makes it through the 39 month term unscathed and in good condition, I estimate that he MAY be able unload it for 3 -7k above a loan payoff. However, if the car falls prey to any perils during the 39 month term OP simply hands over the keys, and saved money along with the heartache of selling to another.

This thread is missing pictures of your GT3.

I think that you’ll certainly come out ahead by financing this vs leasing.

Hey, man, I’m 8 days into a lease that’s bad as well. My first lease. You’re not alone.

For me, it’s a Macan T: 39 months 7500 miles
$73800, Gross Cap. Sold at $85,313 with added stuff like wheel and tire protection, paint protection film, and front window tints.
Residual $49948.50 | Depreciation $30551.28 + Rent Charge $21367.47= 51918.75.
Monthly payment of $1331.25

I had no idea there was a rent charge. I could have financed instead.

:exploding_head: :exploding_head:

The Macan is an excellent drivers vehicle FWIW. What color did you go with?

1 Like

Not trying to be a blatant prick :smile:, but I’m a bit flabbergasted. You’ve clearly done something (likely multiple things) right if you’re in a position to order several new Porsche vehicles. It is one, quite common, situation where we have someone trying to escape a $1,500 hooptie and they need assistance leasing their new Mazda. You don’t quite fit that mold. I guess the old saying rings true, that we all need help from time to time.

For the Macan S, I would heavily recommend financing unless you have specific reasons to lease (i.e. a business). The money factor is just too expensive in most cases.

Be sure to share some photos of these beauties. :heart_eyes:

Night Blue Metallic
Not sure if you were making fun of my first lease or not lol. I have no idea how I did but feel I did badly. Other calculators came up lower. I even tried using Ai to figure it out lol.

That’s a nice color.

I would say the lease deal is quite poor, but it is water under the bridge at this point. Enjoy the vehicle and become better prepared for the next deal.

1 Like