Residual: $48,523

Depreciation $100
Rent $3,357
Tax 9.5% $328
Acq fee, tags etc. $1,526
Lease incentive ($300)
Effective monthly: $424
Base monthly payment: $210

This was one of the more frustrating shopping experiences because of the various salespeople and managers who insisted that they could do my asking price but who actually had no clue about one-pay with MSDs. Luckily I found one dealer who knew what they were doing.

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed with my ‘22 RX350 since I leased it last year so I took this opportunity to switch to the Pathfinder. I had chosen the RX specifically because the one-pay lease wasn’t totally onerous at the time and also there was a good chance that I would have positive equity to end it early at any time.

My best buyout offer dropped my effective monthly payment to-date by $100 ($3,200 above the equityhackr offer) and the dealer was willing to match it. The bonus was applying the max possible amount of trade equity to reduce the cap cost and end up with the minimum required $100 depreciation. (I did pay this trade credit at signing, and it will be reimbursed to me along with my remaining equity when they receive the title.) This dropped the one-pay total by a few hundred (due to interest & tax savings). And more importantly the base monthly payment ended up at $210(!), which I plan to take advantage of when it comes time to extend the lease.

I did shop a new redesigned $54K ’23 RX350. But even getting a deal below invoice, the 39 month one-pay lease would have been $644/mo. That’s just too big a gap to justify.

I put the numbers in the deal calculator but the payments don’t match my contract probably because of the trade credit. Signed! link added to the top.

Adding pics.

8 Likes

Nice deal!.

What did you mean, by that phrase: “minimum required $100 depreciation” ?

Required by who? By NMAC?

Various threads have mentioned a minimum including this one.

There must be something to it because the dealer structured it this way all on their own. The finance mgr mentioned how these are a true hassle to input and they’ve figured it out over the last several months through trial and error.

A couple of other dealers tried desperately to figure out how to do it in their systems with Nissan finance on the phone and just gave up.

1 Like

Nice find, good deal and beautiful combo. I’ve been pursuing a OnePay in Boulder Gray 2-Tone w/Black Package but they are few and far between. Your combo may take me on a completely track.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Great color combo and awesome that you got the tow hitch

1 Like

does this mean the maximum discount allowed is residual+$100?

Some of the Frontier discussions have mentioned adding the acquisition, tags, and other fees to the cap cost to inflate the net cap cost, so that there is enough meat to let the discounts cut into. I think dealers can add other add-ons to the cost, and then add back dealer rebates to the customer after signing to net them back off.

Looks like March residuals dropped by 3% across the board. :scream: Well, more room for discounts, I guess. :rofl:

May I know which dealer you go to? I’m also in LA area.

Thanks! The salesperson said it was the only one in that color scheme within 100 miles. I also shopped a solid gray two tone as well.

Hi… best I can do in March, 2023 is 88% on the Pathfinder, but I’ve been able to effectively buy the rate down to .00192 with the max MSD’s. on any NMAC gas powered model this month. Thanks for the tip on the $100 minimum depreciation amount! I may land up getting an Altima, because they’re at 89% residual (even on the SR 2.0 TURBO model!), and just do the buy down to $100 max depreciation. And you’re clever to note that you have a solid leg up if you wish to extend the lease after 18 months!! Thank you for sharing, and enjoy your beautiful new ride!

DAN

1 Like

Damn love that truck!!!
Can you please explain One Pay and MFDS to me?

ty
perry