2023 Nissan Frontier Pro4x, $48.5k MSRP, 18/10, $6161 DAS one pay

You did good with the color. Baja is prob the best color on these .

1 Like

Dealer is telling me no MF discount for one pay. Do you remember what it lowered yours by?

I noticed the calculator is pivoted on Toyota currently, assuming thatā€™s because the calc didnā€™t have one pay for Nissan?

Answered my own questions. Gave dealer the quoted MF that edmunds gave me and all of a sudden he found the one pay program! Itā€™s a miracle!

8 Likes

If you donate/pay $5/mo to Leasehacker ā€¦ you will have access to the ā€œrate finderā€. It is an AWESOME product. It shows you programs, one pay info, rates and residuals. :grin:

5 Likes

Ha, thatā€™s all the govt fees that was on the contract. Maybe Iā€™ll get rinsed at the DMV while registering.

Yep one of the dealers had to have me give them the MF before they gave me a real one pay quote.

Interested to hear what discount you get them down to. If you can get to 3% youā€™ll have a screamin deal imo. One of the brokers here has 3% discount advertised so I imagine itā€™s doable.

Well I am 0 for 2 right now. Best Iā€™ve gotten so far is msrp with 1200 addon blessings for a base s crew cab.

Do you remember what brokers that was?

1 Like

any in texas?

Nice looking truck!

@TheBigTuna what did you pick up?

1 Like

Texas lease tax will likely kill the deal

1 Like

What a nice truck and color combo! Enjoy!

1 Like

If you do the one pay and then letā€™s say the car is totaled halfway through, youā€™ll get the 9 or so lease payments you ā€œprepaidā€ for back automatically right? Similar to MSDs?

Yes, this was my understanding after reading through prior threads. I was worried about that too because of the common advice to not put money down on a lease.

Is there a topic on the forum that tells you how to find these type of deals. Locally, Iā€™m in long Island, Iā€™ve been told Iā€™m crazy mentioning deals like this.

Find a Nissan dealer and advise your offer. There are no hidden secrets here.

The key here is you have to advise your offer in a way that it at least seems like you know what youā€™re talking about. You canā€™t just say ā€œoh, Iā€™d like a Frontier for $225 per monthā€. Break it down and show all of the numbers, etc. Act as though you are teaching them how to do their job.

4 Likes

You might have to venture outside your area in order to get a deal like this. It wonā€™t be easy. Dealers are STILL telling customers that walk in there is a chip shortage and that they are ā€œmarket pricingā€ their cars and selling for over MSRP. Like @zaimer said: Do your home work. Lay out the deal for the dealer and include the MSRP, Selling price, Money Factor, Residual Value, and stock number (if it is on the lot) for them. Tell them you are willing to take delivery this week and that if they give you the vehicle for this price than you will give them a deposit to hold the vehicle today. Make it easy for them so all they have to do is bring the deal to the manager and then email you back with a yes or no answer.

Whatever you do, DONā€™T MENTION THIS WEBSITE

8 Likes

They told me I was crazy too before they decided they actually do want to sell the truck.

These deals are way simpler than the dealers will lead you to believe. Look up the one pay MF on the edmunds forum, and make sure you and the dealer are on the same page as far as the reduced one pay MF instead of the standard monthly lease MF. If the MF doesnā€™t match then the dealer is either dumb or not interested in selling.

Then itā€™s time to talk sales price, I aimed for 3% off with no add ons based on the broker offers I saw.

If MF is correct and sales price is good, the numbers will match. Thereā€™s no magic here.

Also show them a screenshot of the deal details youā€™re trying to match, thatā€™s what I did. Make sure itā€™s a screenshot hiding the leasehackr name and not the webpage that will let them scroll. Best not to tell them youā€™re trying to ā€œhackā€ a deal out of them.

1 Like

You guys rock. Iā€™m going to play with Edmonds and the calc here to familiarize myself with it.

Search outside of the island. Dealerships there are crazy enough though Iā€™m not sure who is crazier vs Staten Island dealerships.
But definitely expand your search. Even simple jump over to NJ may bring a better deal despite higher doc fee.

3 Likes

Mainland mainland mainland

Your chances on LI are worse just because of the perception that thereā€™s a captive audience here who wonā€™t venture further for better deals.

2 Likes

@Clutch posted 2 of them today in the Midwest