2023 Mazda CX-9 Touring Lease (Good Deal?)

Been shopping around for a good lease deal on a CX-9 Touring, and finally found a dealer who is offering a great percentage off MSRP. I know a lot of details are missing, but what do you guys think of this so far?

MSRP: $41,245
Selling Price: $37,746 (8.48% off MSRP)
Gov. Fee: $27
Doc. Fee: $499
$0 down, $454 Monthly, 24 months, and seems like 12,000 miles based on calculations.
Tax will be at 6.25%

MF and RV seem on par with Edmunds based on the monthly payment.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem egregious. Hard to know if you could do better without the MF and residual on these for your area. Or any rebates you might qualify for. You can get that info from Edmunds forum.

Have you checked against the broker offers? There are a ton of examples of CX-9 deals that brokers are offering.

1 Like

Haven’t really thought about working with a broker, since at most they seem to get 10% off MSRP on this model

Thanks! Will definitely confirm those numbers, but based on this monthly payment it seems like they’re going with the standard 0.00001 MF and 68% residual

Including shipping (if applicable) and broker’s fee, would you still be saving $ going w/ a broker, though?

1 Like

exactly, which is why I think this is a good enough deal to take on myself!

Yeah, I’d just use the calculator to make sure the dealer isn’t padding anything.

Is there a reason you don’t want to do a 36 mo lease? My vague memory is that MFs CX-9 are pretty low (so why not do a 3-yr lease to take advantage of that?). Although maybe the RV takes a big enough hit to make it not worth it.

But, otherwise, the effective monthly seems pretty consistent w/ the deals posted here.

MF is actually higher for 36 mo, and residual drops a whopping 10%! Thanks for your input

1 Like

Solid deal OP.
As far as brokers go, you live in no man’s land (MA) but their deals are comparable in any case.

One advice is to lease this trim last month when RV was 70%, otherwise, enjoy your ride and post pics.

oh damn! I didn’t realize it was 70% last month… Thanks for your input!

How’s this an advice :rofl:

1 Like

Bring out your time machines!

2 Likes

I was suggesting more as a point of reference for discount % off MSRP etc. Based on other comments here it sounds like you have a solid deal. That being said, I do wonder if Mazda will get a little more aggressive over the next few months as the CX-90 rolls out and they have left over CX-9 inventory.

Has it been confirmed that Mazda is discontinuing CX-9?

I’ve been thinking about this too. Maybe I should be more patient haha

What I have read is it is being discontinued for the CX-90 this year (2023)

1 Like

Or, if Mazda’s done a good job controlling inventory, there will so few left on the lots that the dealers may just go for maximizing profit on each unit until the end of the year?

Won’t rule it out.

So far, RVs have been steadily declining and that .00001 MF would only be moving in one direction in the future (spoiler: :chart_with_upwards_trend:)

1 Like

Conquest or loyal?