Doc fee $250
Oh conv fee $50
Oh title $15
Oh lien $15
Oh temp tag $20
Bank fee $650
Disposition fee $400
$0.15/mile overage

Looks like for my area no rebates/incentives, 57% residual, .00085.

Taxes/fees due at signing $2,796
Monthly payment $495.63

Are you in love with this car? You are at about $575 effective per month on this car. I haven’t kept up with this segment of car size, but I think you could get more car for less. Any other cars you have checked out?

2 Likes

nissan rogue sl awds are like 500 effective payments

Really like it. Don’t like the Rogue or anything Honda/Toyota/Hyundai has in the segment. Acura RDX is only other AWD smaller SUV that I like.

Ok but even if this is the only car you’ll drive, how are you benefiting from this lease structure? Over two such leases you’ll make $40,000+ in payments.

If you are really set on this car then just push for a stronger dealer discount and verify money factor and residual. If you are interested in the Acura, I know you said you are against Honda, but the Crv is essentially a lower trim Acura. Take a look at the crv or passport in a ex-l, sport, or even touring trim. No idea how they are leasing but your resale value will thank you when the lease comes to an end if you go that route.

Yeah, with like 100 less hp.

There just aren’t good lease incentives for Mazda. Same goes for Subaru, Toyota, Honda, etc. basically all Japanese non-EV/PHEVs, except maybe Nissan. So these aren’t going to lease well. Finance it if you can. Lease if you must. It is what it is.

1 Like

CX5 is a six speed, right. maybe push for a bigger discount and finance But supply is likely limited.

Have you contacted a broker or looked at their postings? That discount seems really weak, but I haven’t been researching this myself for at least several mos.

CR-Vs (and Hondas in general) don’t lease well, either. Not sure why are you pushing a car that OP has already made it clear they don’t want.

Not pushing anything, just was saying if the OP loves this car then they need to find a dealer who will do stronger discount. The dealer discount is somewhere between 3-4% it looks like. A 5-6% discount could make this more attractive.

OP check out cargurus for the specific trim you are looking for and a comfortable distance from you, and sort by “days on lot”. A dealer may be more willing to move stale inventory than a fresh arrival.

Where are you getting this figure from and why does the dealership from where they get the car need to be a “comfortable distance?”

If you are simply plucking it out of thin air, I think the OP woud be better served doing some research to determine what a solid discount is for their geographic region and possibly contacting a broker.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see you fulfill the first part of your username.
A “comfortable” distance as in it doesn’t make sense to travel 1500 miles to save $400. If OP lived in Cali and gets a deal in New York, $2000 in shipping charges doesn’t make sense to break even.
Any higher amount of a discount would make the lease price of the car lower each month. But I guess I’m pulling that out of thin air.

This will be my last post to you: I would strongly suggest you read the OP’s posts more carefully b/f deciding to make random personal attacks on other people who ARE actually offering helpful information.

My point in asking if your figure was realistic is b/c, if no one is offering 5–6% off of a CX-5 Turbo (since the diff trims have, in the past, had diff discounts associates w/ them), then the OP will be banging their head against a wall trying to get that amount.

If, however, 10% is realistic (and this figure is obtainable on other CX-5 trims), then why should the OP only settle for 5–6%?

OP lives in OH. The post is tagged for OH, and “oh” is mentioned all over the OP’s first post. So not sure why you’re mentioning the shipping from East Coast to West Coast. If shipping costs $500-$100 from a broker located on the East Coast and the OP still ends up saving, say, $1–2K after that, then it would be worth it, IMHO.

CX-5 turbo is tough to substitute with anything else in its segment because the turbo variant makes driving it everyday a joy and it’s a premium (near luxury level comfort) interior.

2 Likes

Not sure why you take everything so literal and black and white. I said for example if someone is in Cali and ships from New York, the shipping costs can kill a deal, which again, leads to “comfortable distance”.

Anywho, OP reach out to some other dealers in your area with an offer you think is reasonable and go from there. Key here is reasonable. Don’t shoot for 15% off try 5-6% and see how that goes. If dealers are eager to oblige, trying 7-8% etc. Your goal is to find a dealer to do your deal, not for a dealer to offer you how much you should be paying. Do some research on Edmunds and see what other discounts people are getting. Make sure there’s no other military, first responders, college grad rebates you may qualify for. You may have better luck towards the end of the month if a dealer needs to make quota for a big sales mark. At the end of the day, if you love the car, you gotta pay the price.

Nothing wrong with choosing a specific car for any number of personal preferences.

But let’s not beat around the bush. With a terrible lease you’re basically paying through the nose for the right to throw the keys back in 3 years. How special can a car be if you’re wasting thousands of dollars for the right to run away from it in 3 years?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.