2023 M5 Competition - Lease Deal Check and Feedback?

I’d love any feedback from the community here on the following deal I’m considering.

This is a 2023 M5 Competition with an MSRP of $131k. This car has some good, and some bad, about it.

Starting with the bad:

• It has 6,800 miles (It was driven by the owner of the dealership as a personal vehicle)
  • It has a minor accident (rear bumper), that has been repaired

The good:

• 131K MSRP (Competition pkg, Executive pkg, Drivers Assistance pkg, Full Merino leather)
  • Has ceramic coating (Onyx Graphene Pure Ceramic)
  • Has K40 radar detector installed
  • Has tinted windows
  • Comes with a second set of 4 tires (Summer Performance tires are on the vhicle + A set of All Season tires are included)

DEAL:
MSRP: $131,000
Discount: $18,000 (includes $1,750 in eligible BMW incentives)
Selling Price: $113,000
36 months / 10k miles
Residual: 57% ($72,990)
MF: 0.00148 (0.00190 buy rate MF + 7 MSDs, bringing the MF to 0.00148)

Monthly Payment: $1,342
7 MSDs: $9,450
Taxes + First months payment upfront (otherwise, $0 down)

Would you take this deal? The discount is effectively 13.7% and a $1,335 monthly payment, and the “goodies” that are included with the car are all attractive – I’m just not sure with the accident and the mileage. Dealer is not budging on any additional discount. Thanks in advance.

Nope, find a S500

5 Likes

Take the deal !! Great price on a 2023 M5 lease. Bumper repair doesn’t matter on a lease. Just make sure it’s disclosed on the lease contract.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t think about asking them to disclose the accident on the lease contract — Appreciate it!

How many miles?

Id take it if its 36/10

1 Like

I don’t think this is a thing, there isn’t a comments section a BMWFS lease contract

All this being said, another member here seems to have lined up similar discounts on new ones.

If we take the fact that this is being leased out of the equation, this car is worth whatever a 2023 M5 with 7k miles and an accident on the CarFax is worth. If that is a lot less than the current discount, there should be more room for you here.

6 Likes

They can disclose on a separate document. Point is to make sure it wasn’t something more than just the bumper.

1 Like

I updated the original post — It is 36/10k miles per year. Thanks!

Wouldn’t this car be out of warranty by the time OP gives the car back??

Not by miles, possibly by time depending on when it was punched.

1 Like

No. 2023 production started in July 2022. It has a 4yr 50K Warranty

1 Like

Makes sense. I can look up (i.e., KBB) what a 2023 M5 with a 131k MSRP and 7K miles is worth approximately — however, I’m not sure how much to “devalue” the vehicle due to the accident.

They are giving you new car lease terms on this demo. Can’t get these terms on a used car

I think at 113 you’re pretty close to dealer trade value on a clean car, it’s the accident that you might want to leverage (depending on whether or not you’re willing to lose this deal).

Years back I got a deal on a 440i with an accident. I would suggest in the course of negotiation that you are “very happy with the deal provided thus far, however I am really leasing this car with the intention of buying it out, but I’d like flexibility. I appreciate what you’ve done for me so far but I am concerned about being upside down even at this discount given the accident on the carfax”

7 Likes

Very helpful script, Scott — thank you! I will give it a shot.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Get the new M2 or better yet the M2 Competition.

1 Like

Not sure how the two are comparable. Also, the M2, if you can get one, will lease for maybe a couple hundred dollars less than what the OP was quoted (on a car 1/2 the price). And the M2 comp has not been released yet.

2 Likes

Quick update: I attempted to negotiate further due to the accident on the carfax, but was only able to squeeze an additional $700 from the dealer. And even this amount required me to “play the game” and go back and forth, make them reasonably believe that I’d be willing to walk away due to the accident. They offered the $700 off and put their foot down with a hard stance that they are all in.

I don’t know (and will never know) if I could’ve gotten a better deal due to the accident - I was likely too late in the process to negotiate in a compelling way.

It’s highly likely that I’ll be turning the car in after 36 months (or perhaps transfer it to someone else after 12 - 16 months), so I opted to take the deal.

Here’s where I landed: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Thanks all for the feedback.

2 Likes

They got u - $1500 is nuts - it is an amazing car though