2023 Lexus RC 350 F Sport in demand? Got a crazy quote for a lease +$1200 a month?!?

Hey Party Peeps,

I’m in the market for a Lexus RC 350 F Sport and I got this crazy quote from a dealer in Chattanooga. Are these in super high demand, or am I missing something? $1,227.27 a month seems crazy. I was expecting $550 - $650

Can you share your calculator for how you got to that price?

4 Likes

So you were expecting a 20,000 discount off msrp? Seems reasonable and rational

6 Likes

Just because its a leftover 23 does not mean its a low lease

The main problem is there aren’t lease incentives on these so you are getting a high money factor, no rebates, and probably a low residual. You can’t force this vehicle to lease well

4 Likes

Expecting a $550-$650 payment is just as crazy as the $1227 they quoted you.

5 Likes

What was the quote you got from autocompanion?

If you spend enough time on this site, all cars become #paidtodrive

2 Likes

10:1 odds that he expected 550-650 because he “feels” it should cost that

3 Likes

IMO this site steers people into thinking the only acceptable lease payment is an ultra low lease payment.

I think some moderate/reasonable payment exists for people to get the new car that they want to drive, but I think my sentiment is in the minority here.

Anyway OP has a lot more legwork up ahead to get this Lexus in the $600’s.

3 Likes

Don’t let the dealer dictate terms. Use edmunds to find the MF/residual for your area and preferred lease term. Look up what dealer discounts are reasonable and then see what incentives/rebates your qualify for. Plug that into the calculator and get your proposed price.

From what others have already posted it sounds like you may be needing a $20k discount to get to your target price. Is a $20k discount something you’ve seen on this model (highly unlikely based on the MSRP).

There are multiple factors that go into making something a “cheap” lease and being in demand doesn’t matter if the lease programs/discounts suck.

The RC stands for Reduced Cost.

You hit the nail on the head here…
After awhile, everyone who frequents this site/forum comes to a realization there’s maybe two camps at the end of the day.

People who shoot for the lowest payment on a lease and don’t give a damn about the actual make/model as long as it’s stupidly cheap.
And then the camp I fall into…
Trying to find the best possible deal for a specific car I want at that moment in time.

To the OP…
If you want that specific RC in the Fsport trim, do your research and ask questions on this forum not to get cucked :rofl::rofl: that’s all that can be done at the end of the day. Especially when like everyone said they are not offering incentives to move that specific model.

2 Likes

I would be very impressed if OP got $7500 off, $20k off or even 10k+ off is a complete fantasy

1 Like

I will definitely “drive the payment, not the car” from time to time, but it still needs to fit my lifestyle and intended need at the time. If I’m shopping for a family vehicle I’m considering anything with 6+ seats. If I want a sports car, I’d probably be looking at SLs and Z4s, but may settle for a Camaro since they can be had for low monthly.

The key is to come in with a list of ‘wants’ and don’t compromise on those. If that ‘want’ is a specific model, well now we are back to working the best deal on that specific car.

1 Like

See, this person gets it! :sunglasses:

Back in 22’ I wanted 992 GTS, the market was screwed up and I ended up paying ADM because you know… “Porsche Tax” :woozy_face: people were paying 30-35k ADM and I paid nothing even remotely close to that so I was happy. I still don’t regret my choice to this day. Point is you shoot for the best possible price for something you want.

Now? My kids are getting taller (son is almost 6’1 now and growing) and I wanted something with a lot of rear leg room but no 3rd row. Also wanted to dip my toes into the EV train so the EQS works. This car choice was heavily motivated by the fire sales currently going on and worst comes to worst… it’s a 24 month lease, time will fly by if I don’t enjoy it.

1 Like

logic was take trim x 2 = $/m

If only Leases125 was here to witness this. RIP King.

That’s also how @li8625 prices his M440i’s

2 Likes

I’m no longer looking at m440i. I’m Chinese, I’m not doing 44! But them m550i :slight_smile:

Buy the car if you really like it.

But there’s no sense in leasing it for $1,227 x 36 = $44k+ considering you can buy it for $53,642 plus tax.

1 Like