2023 Lexus GX 460 lease

The outgoing GX is a dinosaur. It needs a massive fire sale to move those last lot anchors.

Honestly the only reason to get one in December 2023 is if you believe they are unique enough that you’ll keep it basically forever.

2 Likes

Absolute dinosaur indeed but like the T-Rex absolutely timeless. I think if you can get a 20%+ off as mentioned above, this is something hard to pass on. With that said you’ll be getting 15 MPG at best…

Reading this correctly, they’re knocking off $8k and giving you $5,500 in customer cash/rebates for a total of $13.5k, correct?

Over 20% off seems like an excellent deal to me, looking for one now in the Chicagoland area, can’t get anyone to move past the $5,500. As someone else mentioned, the 27/10 term will save you some cash, roughly half the MF of the 36 month lease, at least where I’m at.

Edit, feel free to send me over the dealer you’re working with!

That is one of the things. I have a friend who has one for 12 years and it has 245,000 miles on it and it has never given him any issues. I think these are timeless and you cannot ignore the reliability only downside to me, is yes, the MPG. Need something this big, looked at the Lincoln aviator. Their pricing is absurd.

MPG sucks, but have a good buddy who has 250k on his 2010, zero issues aside from regular maintenance. Didn’t realize I wasn’t replying to OP above, message me on the side if you can let me know the dealer you’re working with.

How does it qualify as big inside, where it counts? All the popular unibodies have much more space inside.

Long term durability is moot if you’re leasing. You are not reaping those benefits.

Anecdotal of course but I know 3 people who at some point leased the GX and all 3 ended up buying it out in the end to keep. Its a no nonsense luxury (in an old school way) car.

1 Like

Then the OP should buy out his 2020 GX. Or buy a new one if he’s going to drive it 200k+ miles.

Leasing a car because theoretically it will last 300k miles makes no sense. If you’re going to lease for 3 years or own something for 4-5 years to carry 7 people then there are dozen better vehicles.

2 Likes

Herniated discs- seat comfort priority
Not too big, not too small
Yes, would buy out at end of lease
2020 missing several features/functions in 2023.
RX way too small. I am 6’3” 215.

I absolutely welcome other suggestions but searing has to be as large or have expanding thigh bolsters.

GX is sweet, for all the new cars coming out with loads of features and touch screens, the lowbrow tech it does offer is a selling point for me. At that price too, could use the 2.49% 48 mos Lexus financing and just buy it, payment going to be higher though. Over 20% off a brand new car, going to be hard pressed to find anything better than that out there unless you want to go EV or search for a comparable demo in something like an XT6/XC90/QX60 that has a third row if needed.

1 Like

TX, Volvo XC90, Grand Highlander, Sequoia and Pilot…, I’d look at those first.

I assume Ira?

No the deal is structured so preincentive/dealer contributes 8k then lexus contributes 3.5k in lease cash.If you’d like to precise, remove the doc fee from the 8k to get net dealer contribution.

The 2023 gains the last generation of remote touch (not the new Lexus connect infotaiment) with CP/AA, power folding mirrors, and dedicated fan speed button. You loose the previous wood veneer/trim in the 2020.

I am surprised at your height and back issues you havent felt the seat lacking in the GX. Usually most opt for a seat jacker mod since the GX pulls no favors in the comfy seat requirements.

I’d sit in a TX to see the current generation seats Lexus have. Wayy more comfy, supportive with thigh extenders and bolstering if you go up to F sport.

1 Like

How do you get someone (dealership)to give you all those details? They want to make everything secretive

What part?

The breakdown of your deal

Ah sorry, misinterpreted customer cash as an additional incentive, thanks for the correction there. $11.5k still pretty good from what I’ve seen around here!

Usually a lot more room to be honest

If you want the deals… you got to milk them good

There are two answers to this question.

1. the breakdown is totally unnecessary. You should know what the deal should be before reaching out to a dealer and making them an offer. You don’t need the breakdown of their offer since youre telling them the payment/das you are willing to do.

2. if you insist on needing the breakdown, just ask them. If they wont give you the breakdown, leave.

1 Like