2023 lexus 300h

Paying 894 a month currently at 5.75%. Thinking of trading it in soon but owe 56k. Is it worth it to trade it in. Yes, I can put money down towards the new vehicle. Any tips or suggestions or deals out there I can use. The 2023 only has 4001 miles. Got it in November 2022. Ty!

If you want a proper evaluation, we need ALL the numbers and details.

Other than your payoff being $5k less, what has materially changed since December when you asked a similar question??

2 Likes

I will be testing the waters next week. About 2 months ago Kia wanted to give me 47k for my car. I said no it. They were trying to give me a 901 payment on a sorrento. Over 1k on a telluride. No issues or accidents with the car. I’m just tired of pay 900 a month.

These are both cars that make way more sense to finance than to lease. But…

…how is either one going to solve this problem? :point_up:t4:

1 Like

Exactly, that’s why I walked out. I’m trying to look at cheaper vehicles. I just wanted an opinion on how to go about it.

You’ve given us almost nothing to work with.

Have you gone back to get updated buyout quotes from 3rd parties? Who is paying most and how much?

Is lease with TFS or SETF?

When you asked a similar question back in December, it sounded like you had your heart set on a particular vehicle. Now it sounds like you want anything other than what you’re driving - as long as it’s cheap??

3 Likes

So this is a buy. I was always between the Corsair and Natlius SUV. I was gonna go for the Corsair but I couldn’t stand the 8’’ monitor. Loved the Natlitus but not the price lol. Now Ford has the revamped escape with the 13.2 screen and that is the same size as the Corsair. I was gonna go test drive the new escape tomorrow to see if there i like it.

This thread reads like a personal diary

2 Likes

Is your goal to lower your payment? Or to find a dream car? You’re in a Lexus, you considered a Telluride or Sorrento. You really want a Corsair or Nautilus but didn’t like the 8" monitor. So now you’re going to test drive an Escape because of a 13" screen? All the while stating that you want to reduce your $900 payment?

I don’t think anyone can provide any useful advice without knowing your objective. Lower payment, dream car, biggest screen? Honestly, it doesn’t sound like you have one. If you’re trying to lower your payment, look at all the deals that have been posted on LH and pick one. If you’re looking for your dream car, then only you can decide what that dream car is.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Lmao. This was almost as bad as asking your girl what she wants to eat

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind Thai but I don’t want to eat anything too heavy. Maybe pizza with light cheese and vegetables. Or we could try fondue. I heard about a new Korean place but it’s fast casual and I want to dine in. A glass of wine would be nice. Ooh, let’s go to the Italian place for salads. Never mind, it’s too far and traffic will be a nightmare. Chipotle? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

I can completely empathize with OP’s journey. You’d shit twice and die if I opened an automotive decision thread and turned it over to my inner voice.

1 Like

The goal is to lower my payment. I don’t have a dream car. I like tech stuff in the car.

Would it be better to have a broker a deal for me since I know my Lexus is upside down?

First, use LH to figure out MMR on your trade. Pretty easy to calculate the impact of your negative equity on a lease payment. Then use LH to find deals currently available through brokers. Choose car. Then contact broker.

any flood area near by? :thinking:
This one is still far from FL

What is the meaning of MMR? Ty

Go to Carmax or Carvana and just input the vin to get an idea of what your car is worth, what exactly do you want to do besides not pay $900 a month?

Give fish, feed day. Teach fish, feed lifetime.

Go to search function and type in “MMR”.

1 Like