2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX FWD deal? Early Lease Turn in

, ,

Located in Georgia

My current lease buyout is $27618 (2022 Kia Niro EX Premium hybrid with 12,700 miles). It has positive equity. I’m looking for a Kia Sorento Hybrid. I’ve also been interested in the Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid and the Honda CR-V Hybrid (which yesterday the dealer chased me out to the lot to offer 1000 down for $606 a month… the non-touring model)

What sort of questions should I ask or what should I negotiate?
I would really prefer 12,000 for 36, but I’m in no hurry to trade out. I just want some more space than my Niro at the moment and better gas mileage than a standard SUV.

1 Like

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

So let me get this straight… You have $11,000 dollars in trade equity and you’re letting this dealer play three card monte with it? And they want you to put down at least another $1000 at signing? If that quote includes applying the value of your trade to the deal then almost 400 dollars a month of this payment is effectively your equity plus $3,000 in worthless dealer add ons. The dealer add ons alone add about 90 a month. I’d run away from this one and try somewhere else.

Edit: re: the trade portion sorry, was up watching WrestleMania and I’m kinda slow today lol… 11k, 3k, doesn’t really matter when the rest of the deal is packed with nonsense

3 Likes

I see $2,944 in nonsense fees off the bat (Etchguard, Market Adjustment, and Protection Package).

Please run away.

2 Likes

I think the equity is the delta between $30k trade allowance and $27,618 trade payoff.

Nonetheless still a bad deal.

Yeah I saw that after the fact so I’m not sure where that trade difference number is coming from.

Total purchase - trade allowance. Trade payoff added back in down the list.

1 Like

New purchase price minus trade value to establish potential sales tax basis

1 Like

Check with @Jrouleau426 if you are married to this vehicle as he has some discounted hybrids listed in his Kia thread.

2 Likes

These all lease pretty terribly. The % increase in the lease payment is way higher than the % increase of the MSRP over the gas model. It will probably cost you way more than the fuel economy savings.

Between the terrible lease programs and the high resale value of these vehicles, financing might be the way to go.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a hybrid from these brands worth leasing yet…

Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige @ 484.15…12k mpy! That was my deal.

Didn’t you put over 4k down? Likely more

1 Like

Just gave them my first month and my old Kia Sorento lease that was up.

So, in other words, you don’t even know how much equity you walked away from?

2 Likes

3,000 equity.

So $550+/mo then

Plus the opportunity cost. Based on the poster’s entire history being just a barrage of low-effort posts, there’s 0 confidence they maximized their equity.

1 Like

Well that’s very kind of you…just completely false, but believe what you want!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.