2023 Kia Niro EV Wind, good deal?

Kia Niro EV Wind 2023. In Glendale, CA, about to pull trigger on $399 a month (includes everything incl. tax), 3k down (not including 1st month), 39/10k… the dealer is telling me they are underwater on this deal, but I’m not sure. Heading over there in about an hour, any thoughts?! Thanks in advance…

If you’ll take a Kona EV instead my lease deal is way less than this

1 Like

No, not interested in the Kona. But thanks!

Can’t help with without knowing all the numbers

MSRP
Selling Price
Tax Rate
Money Factor
Fees Breakdown

1 Like

Yes, sorry, here are those numbers in the below lease calculator link. I have three days to return it, I’m told it was a good aggressive deal, but I’m not sure. Any insight by anyone would be greatly appreciated!

I dont think your calc has the correct numbers. Your post said $3k down. And your calc shows 0 down.
Where did you get the numbers you plugged in?

Standard LF RV and MF.

I got the numbers from the contract. I don’t see anywhere to enter the money down in the calculator, can you clue me in?

Your calc has checked off to roll all upfronts into the monthlys which removes the down payment option.

The money factor and RV values were entered from your contract? Something isn’t adding up because you arrived at your monthly payment while omitting a key input which is your $3k down. Which means some of the other numbers you put in there aren’t correct either.

Let me take another look at it, thanks for your help!

Did you perhaps overestimate your discount off of MSRP? Does the selling price include $3k down to bring it to $35181?

Yeah, I think, complex stuff. I think the money factor, if I’m doing the math right from the lease, is actually .00306 (the number in the calculator was auto-generated, as was RV). To figure out the residual value, do you divide the residual value on the contract by the MSRP from the window sticker? By gross capitalized cost? By Agreed upon value? Unsure. Anyway, I’m attaching a pdf the contract. Again, the final monthly numbers, when compared to anything being currently offered, seem pretty good. But I would just like confirmation of that for some peace-of-mind :slight_smile:

Could not figure out the numbers to put in calculator but based on your total cost of $21588, you have effective $553.54/mo. You could get a model 3 RWD for less than that, unless you are against Tesla or set on Niro. Not sure what lease numbers on Niro EV in general are but you can try to bring it down, a lot.

Yeah, that total cost number was clearly manipulated by the Kia dealer to get to some other number, don’t quite get it. So unless I’m not understanding something, I put 3k down, plus first month payment, so the actual total cost of the Niro EV is (39 x $399) + $3000, or $18561, plus $400 turn-in, so $18961. So $486 effective, but I’ll get the California rebate as well, 2k, so that brings it to $434.71 effective, but I suppose you get that 2k on the Tesla too. Does that change your thoughts?

I am not very knowledgeable so I would not take any advice from myself LOL. You should definitely wait for experts to weigh in.

From my perspective, the lease numbers don’t look like a good deal to me, as laid out in the contract.

If they messed up and if they can correct them to total $18961, I would still not be sure if its a good deal.

Recommend not to rush in.

You should also try CA brokers on LH.

I think they’re including the $2600 lease rebate Kia is offering in the total paid. I already got the car but have three days to return it. I think it’s a good deal compared to the offers out there, and that was confirmed by one dealer on here, but again, if anyone else can look at the contract and give me their opinion, I would be immeasurably appreciative!

1 Like

Your discount was nowhere near 11% off. It was $38250+ $799 junk etch accessory, so actually less than 2% off.

1 Like

Huh. Thanks. Yeah, there are some things in there that seem a little sketchy, but if you compare the numbers to the offers that are out there it seems like a good deal. Ugh, confusing.

Bro you are paying $500 a month effectively for the shitty Kia EV. This is a big pass and your dealer isn’t “underwater” on this. Don’t fall for generic marketing bullshit.

1 Like

I hear you, though I like the car, though I get it’s no Audi :slight_smile: I’ve looked high and low and this was better than any deal out there. You’ve stoked my fear, however, that just because it’s better doesn’t mean it’s good. Outside of the kona is there a better deal to be had on an EV lease? Not really into the Bolt either. Sigh.