2023 Hyundai IONIQ 6 - Probably Totaled

Hi y’all, I recently got into a pretty bad car accident in my 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6, which I leased last November (36mo/12K). Thankfully, I’m okay and so is the other driver who I collided with. And, even more thankfully, I wasn’t at fault. Although I don’t know how much the repairs are, my thoughts are that it’s probably totaled since my airbags deployed.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation or what to expect in terms of paying for the rest of my lease? This is my first time getting in a major car accident, so dealing with insurance is pretty new for me, and dealing with a leasing company is even newer.

I’ve already reached out to the other person’s insurance company as well as my own. Should I reach out Hyundai Motor Finance? And if so, how soon? I really don’t know much about the state of my car at the moment, except that it got towed to a storage lot.

Any advice would be welcome! thanks

You probably have gap insurance if it’s a lease. Review your agreement.

1 Like

if it’s from Hyundai, you have probably have Gap Forgiveness.
which is similar to Gap Insurance where Hyundai takes a bath after your insurance pays them.

Get an estimate and if it says ‘totaled’ call HMS…not before.

3 Likes

Oh wait, I was looking at the lease contract and I didn’t realize that’s what that meant. That’s great news!

1 Like