2023 GMC Sierra AT4 Lease Offer

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to sign my first lease. I’ve bought and sold ~30 cars and have owned all kinds of stuff, but I have never leased.

The vehicle is a 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel DuraMax to haul around my racecar (photo attached for fun).

The vehicle has an MSRP of $72,453
Miles per year: 12,000
Months: 36
Monthly payment: $1,034
Down: $0 (first month due at signing)

Please let me know if I missed anything. I’ll be privately selling my 2022 GMC Sierra 3500 DuraMax which I own, but I do NOT want to factor that in this deal.

Thanks and please let me know what you think!

Josh

2 Likes

Since your in MA and they have some weird way of doing things
I would ask @Bostoncarconcierge if he can get you a better deal

Why not tow with your 1 ton?

I don’t tow nearly as frequently as I used to, and I would like to get some equity out of the one ton and half tons aren’t usually leased (correct me if I’m wrong).

I also have a deal with my company where they will pay ~70% of the lease.

It’s hard to justify a lease with this vehicle given this payment. It would probably make more sense to look at 84, or even longer, traditional financing, and then just get rid of the car after 2 or 3 years. For comparison, when I leased my 2020 Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate Duramax, with a higher MSRP then your AT4, I was at $653/mo. Just to give you an idea of how times have changed.

If you insist on leasing, since it sound like you may have corporate reimbursement, we need more detail to evaluate this properly. Discount off MSRP? Rebates? Any tax incentives? Is the MF marked up? Ultimately, if you are not paying for 70% of the lease, does it even matter? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great truck and it’s still hard to find so you may not have alot of leverage. If you are looking for the best lease deal, check out Ram trucks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Can you provide some more info on financing vs leasing? I’m surprised to hear that you think my payment would be lower with interest rates these days.

Thanks,
Josh

What is buy rate from gmc? What is the dealer charging for mf?

I don’t have the formal offer in front of me but I will post these when I can.

Its always in your best interest to know what the mf (and the rest of the deal) should be before you ever talk numbers with a dealer.

Understood. I will get back to you. Thank you

1 Like

Indeed, my 2021 at4 3.0L was nearly the same msrp and my payment is half, $515/mo

2 Likes

The MF is 0.00212

Going to be a long time before we ever see something like that again unfortunately

Sorry but can you clarify?

His post about $515 a month when he got his 2021. Those were great times for getting into a lease and we won’t see anything like the for at least 2 years. I’d like to get one myself but not with these rates and horrible discounts.

Ah yes, thanks.

Have you thought about working with a broker? I see you are in MA, which makes it even harder to get a good lease deal. Maybe talk with @Bostoncarconcierge or @Clutch

If you are serious about making this work, we still need more information.
Discount (look for a supplier deal)
Rebates (at least $1500)
Fees (will vary by dealer)

I can go onto Rodo and found a similar MSRP AT4 for $989/mo so you have some work to do.

I think this deal is too far from ideal, I’m going to drop it for now. I’ll circle back if/when things cool off a bit.

Not likely to happen soon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.