2023 Ford Explorer Platinum Deal

Read through all the replies and here’s what I don’t see:

• if the heart wants what it wants, and it wants an Explorer or an Aviator
  • what were the lease programs on the 22 and 23, in the trim you want, for the terms you want? (I would look at 36 and 39 months to see how different they are, less for registration reasons and more for our of warranty / wear and tear reasons). The top trim usually (not always) has a weaker program than the lower trims, have to look at them.
  • we’re late in the game for the Ford programs to be good on outgoing MY, usually around April they switch to subvented purchase and no lease program
  • a leftover 22 may not be the play here, ordering a 23 with exactly what you want might get you a more favorable MSRP and lock-in some discount

But there’s not enough data here to say, one way or the other. What you have in front of you was Escape ST numbers when it was new. From a business perspective it’s way overpaying for the utility you’re renting - not that it ever stopped anyone before.

4 Likes

This is a great response. Thank you @jeisensc. I’m going to dig into this right now.

1 Like

A $1620 discount doesn’t seem big enough on an outgoing 2022 model. Others here are offering up to $3000, and that’s before we start talking about X-plan, which you should look into. I would think where you find these '22 Explorer Platinums, they are going to be aged inventory. If you need to have an Explorer, I would be looking for demo’s or loaners.

This guys are advertising at $712/mo $0 DAS for a 23
https://www.billbrownford.net/inventory/new-2023-ford-explorer-platinum-awd-4d-sport-utility-1fm5k8hcxpga16555/

1 Like

How do you qualify for X-Plan though? @z0lt3c

I wouldn’t sign a lease with a term that would put me at out of warranty exposure, especially a Ford.

See: How to Get Ford X-Plan Pricing

TLDR; Mustang Club of America – But you don’t even need it

1 Like

Looking now

VERY good point!

So I took in a lot of what you guys had to say and I followed the link to Bill Brown Ford that @z0lt3c had posted. I saved a few models they have in stock, I’ll follow up with them tomorrow. That then led me around to the dealer I purchased my last Explorer at. He had a couple of nice 2023 models and a Courtesy model 2022 King Ranch that is really nice. If I can get that one at a STEEP discount I would do it. Otherwise I found a 2023 that is cheaper than the 2022 I posted at the top of this thread. It doesn’t have the rear seat entertainment option which I never wanted anyway! PERFECT! Let’s see if I can make a deal with them.

You guys were really helpful. Thank you!

Did you get the lease programs from Edmunds or Rate Finder, and run them through a calculator. You want to have a target deal in mind before you contact any dealers.

1 Like

How much is that convenience costing you vs finance? At some point you might as well own the thing if your paying so much

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure how much. Maybe $3000 maybe $4000? All I know is that I don’t want a vehicle that has been running the streets of NYC for 5 or 6 years. It will start needing repairs a couple years after that which will cost far more than what I saved in interest payments. Furthermore, the time and effort it takes for me to sell the vehicle is not worth it given the other areas of my life that demand my time. If my time is given to those areas I can earn far more than I would reselling a vehicle I own.

Sometimes a car deal has more factors in it than just the deal numbers. And just because I put value on these factors doesn’t mean I want to enter into a bad deal in the first place. I work very hard for my money and I appreciate all the folks here who are helping me. You guys are great!

1 Like

Yessir! Using Rate Finder has been a big confidence booster. What I can share with the forum is this:

2023 Lincoln Aviator are selling for MSRP or very close to it. I had an offer for a 2023 Lincoln Aviator Standard at 4% below MSRP. That was the best I could do, they wouldn’t budge off that. I tried going to 16% and they told me to leave :slight_smile:

Here’s what I’m looking for on the Explorer:

The ace up my sleeve is that I know I have about $6k coming back to me on a total loss settlement for my last Explorer. I can keep that money home and use it monthly to offset my lease payments.

That’s totally fair. It’s just that many don’t think that thru but if the value you are getting buy not having to sell the car in 3 years is worth it to you then :100: just be cognizant of the numbers and what that will cost you.

1 Like

So here is what Ford is offering me on a 2023 Explorer Platinum. Lease vs Finance. Caveat to my question is I want an Explorer. I know I can get a better lease on another brand. Thoughts?

Ford one of the worst to lease right now…seriously.

2 Likes

These numbers are just as atrocious. Not sure how you’re expecting responses to be any different?

At the end of the day it’s your money so just say F it and spend it but don’t expect the LH consensus around these numbers to change.

4 Likes

At least you know you are making what is a non-ideal decision (based on objective measures) because you subjectively want it.

Max,
What is “atrocious” about the numbers though?? I mean I get that there is not much of a discount but that is on Ford, not the dealer. Is the math wrong? I just don’t understand.