2023 Demo/Loaner Porsche Macan: Should I go for it?

This is very true…BMW is the classic example…they’re real world 0-60 times are always better than they claim…sometimes by quite a bit too.

I really wanted the Macan T and drove it and the Base – and was really underwhelmed by all aspects, including engine and interior. Ended up with 2 related vehicles - a GTI Autobahn and a Q5e (PHEV). Both are fantastic for what they are - unlike the Macan (T and Base) which are really pale imitations of what they are supposed to be. Happy to provide details on the GTI and Q5e if asked - note the Q5e is best for specific use case - but highly recommend both (although both lease pretty poorly - paid cash for GTI, leased and immediately purchased Q5e - but its not like the Macan is a leasehackr special)

This, so much this.

Hey hackers! This community has been awesome. My lease is ending in a month and its the worst time for the dream car, but I really want it :sweat_smile:
Looking at Porsche Macan loaner lease deals and you can get a base with decent options or a Macan T for under 850$ (July Chicagoland and Midwest Porsche - Macan, Cayenne, 911, 718, Panamera, Taycan)
On the other hand, it hurts to think that ~ 40k $ will just be gone in 39 months, so I’m still thinking maybe I can finance 2019 Macan S (like in the picture below) if there is a chance of getting an adequate interest rate. What’s the best I can get in terms of interest with an excellent credit score and what would make more sense for this car, would be glad to hear your thoughts!
Thanks

How much factory warranty is remaning. I don’t think much. This could rip another hole

edit: it appears there is 1 month of warranty left.

Take a look a this thread for additional information.

1 Like

Buy CPO and add the CPO +1 for $2100 if you plan on getting it once the new car/normal CPO expires. Also, CPO is not just the warranty. Service is up to date and tires/brakes are 50% life or newer. Our service department has to inform people all the time that the Porsche they just bought from a used car dealer needs $5k+ worth of service.

4 Likes

It says 21600 miles, don’t know if that has any time frame. Here is the link to the posting
https://my.dealersocket.com/NewEBrochure/eBrochure/Index?WebLeadId=z5gmFkkN2AhB2dkEqfLroA%3D%3D&InventoryID=CJhzr%2FP6Rjo%3D&EBrochureSiteId=9t%2FNLGuLILg%3D&EntityId=T%2FxDzekpjgo%3D&EventId=E9iiNT8QVs+XrL+vZLhlGQ%3D%3D&CreatedById=jEenML5QAU4%3D&RemoteSiteId=9t%2FNLGuLILg%3D&NoRedirect=1#dealershipImageModal

Thanks for the info. What about autopay.com, just came across it. Do you think 3 % is the real number nowadays?

Wow, 5k in service that’s a terrible surprise. The CPO would be an option only if I’m buying directly from Porsche? Sorry if that’s a dumb question. This used Macan S is being sold by BMW dealer in NJ.
I’ve never had experience financing cars, so I now I’m trying to account for details and be reasonable and not get a cat in a bag.
I’ve driven a 2017 Macan S and definitely would prefer it over the base

Never heard of autopay. Why not reach out to them?

1 Like

Not good. They’ll show 3% and when you apply rates are double if not almost triple

1 Like

Interesting. My CPO had tires below 50%.

@wam22 are you talking about the car from the link? Service seems up to date, not sure about the tires

“As low as”

1 Like

Reading fine print aint a specialty

Seems to be missing the 3yr/30k and 4yr/40k maintenance on the CarFax records. That is not to say it has not been done, but those are two huge maintenance bills: spark plugs and PDK fluid.

Did you get a CPO report that looked something like this? 4/32nd, which Porsche considers 50% (8/32nds or better is new).

2 Likes

That’s just gaslighting from Porsche. 10 or 11 is new. 2 is bald. 4 means only 25% useable life left.

If they want to consider 4 acceptable, just say that.

Depends on the tire. The Pirelli PZ4s they had on my Panamera only come new with 9/32. There’s some summer tires that only come with 8.

Those squinting Pirelli Scorpions are 10/32nds new.

(PSA: Avoid Pirelli summer tires if you want good tread life. Burned through a set of PZ4s in 11k miles)

1 Like

Who was your broker? :grin:

1 Like