2023 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - $3,000 BELOW MSRP

Keep in mind, finance is hard/expensive to get on a private used car. Try your luck with Carmax.

Good point. I’ve adjusted the price to 43k. Those other cars are on the other coast and the cost and the hassle of shipping a car across the country is definitely >$1k. Plus, you never know what extras you’ll get with a dealer.

Thanks, but MMR on last year’s Traverses with lots of miles and unknown packages is not very relevant. Mine is at $43k now, which is comparable to the 16 mile one in your list. With Manheim auction fees that are not reflected in those prices, mine becomes a much better deal.

No, it somewhat is. Your point about add ons and fees is valid, but they can negotiate that price too. All in all, options on used cars don’t have the same effect as new in many cases.

Adjusted MMR means more, as the figures are adjusted for location, mileage, trim and up to date, that 16-mile sale was in August of 22. The market has fallen significantly since then.

2 Likes

Fair point about the sale date. However, my points about non-negotiable auction fees, lack of visibility into options on those cars in the MMR list, and different model year still apply.

I do appreciate your help and the help of this community. All these data points helped me to drop the selling price to what I now see as very fair.

Ask price is still way too high imo. You can purchase brand new off the lot at that price, if not better all day long. I certainly don’t see it selling on LH for that amount. I’ll also assume that the “$46k” MSRP is in the $45’s, adding additional insult to injury.

GLWS but I think you’re trying to bait the entirely wrong crowd.

MSRP is rounded up for readability. 45,930 reads longer and means the same thing. I believe your choice of words should have been “trying to sell” and not “bait” and your “insult to the injury” expression is equally not applicable. You seem to be in a mood to “flame” online.

True, LH is most likely not the place to find a seller for this car, but it’s a place that helped me with leases before, so it was the first one in my mind to post to. Worst case, I’ve still learned a lot from the people responding to the post.

I’m not sure but I hope for OP’s sake there was a Bolt involved where he got a significant amount of equity built in

1 Like

Bingo. This must be it.

Yep. Now how do I meme this? :slight_smile:

Incentives on a brand new one are $4500+

If thats the case…I say…Good for the OP✔️
Happy Lets Go GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

1 Like