2023 Cadillac XT6 Lease

This is the best discount I’ve seen for an XT6 in some time. I would buy and not lease.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Buy the vehicle at that price. Bring your own financing.

1 Like

if you really want the XT6 i’d finance. Doesn’t Cadillac have a 6 year powertrain warranty?

1 Like

Its horrible! :weary:

Im glad to hear! I thought the MSRP discount was good as well.
I do think financing might be better, however I like getting rid of cars in 3 to 4 years.

What else can I possibly negotiate?

What other options do I have for negotiating the deal? The dealer sent me an update sheet for financing and its killing me with fees :weary:.

They sure do!

The thing is those fees are the same whether you finance a car or lease the car. The dealership fee in South Florida where I am as well is insane. I just bought out my wife’s lease with Fed choice credit Union and was able to get 2.74% financing for 60 months. If you can get a rate close to that, it will make a big difference in your payment. Either way, I feel the same as you where I like to get a new car every 3 to 4 years but right now it just doesn’t make any sense to lease a vehicle, take the financing and see where you are at 3 to 4 years down the road if you’re so inclined and sell the car, you’re net monthly payment will be lower this way.

I am looking at leasing a 2022 XT6 Premium Luxury.
This is what the dealer is showing me…

Any insight?

• 310-hp 3.6L V6
  • 9-speed Automatic
  • Front-Wheel Drive

Crystal White Tricoat

Jet Black Leather with Mini-Perforated Jet Black Accents
MSRP (Sticker Price)
$56,365

dealer discount

-$5,946
Cadillac Price
$50,419
Cadillac conquest Bonus
-$1,000
Total Purchase Price
$49,419

Lease Summary
Term
39 months
Annual Mileage
Residual Value (45%)
$25,364
Total Due At Signing
$3,000

• First Payment
    $692
  • Capitalized Cost Reduction
  • $460
  • Estimated Registration & Fees.
    $1,647
  • sales tax (7%) $200
    Monthly Payment
    $692.09

When I plug in the #s on the calculator- it seems lower than what I am getting from the dealer.

You’re double counting the incentive, have the wrong residual value in your calculator and have the wrong down payment amount (you’re confusing due at sale with down payment).

If you correct the calculator, it adds up correctly, although almost $800/mo seems pricey here. That 45% residual value is a killer.

No Good Thank You GIF by Pit Viper

RVs that low make almost any car unleaseable IMO. The discount would need to be so high to make up for it…and that isnt happening.

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry I am new to this.

Yea, the residual for a 2023 basic model is 55%. I liked the 2022 because its a better model.
Where do you get the $800?

I thought the discount off the MSRP was great SMH :confused:

Right now youre at an effective $770/mo. I rounded up for dramatic effect.

Some vehicles just make poor lease candidates. A slightly larger discount upfront cant save them.

1 Like

This is why we’re here, and we’re glad you posted and asked before signing. :+1:

4 Likes

How come what the dealer sent me shows $692

Gotta amortize out the large amount upfront. Once you spread that due at sale out over the lease term, its effectively $770/mo.

1 Like

Perhaps with the deal their giving me off MSRP, financing is prob a better option?
I can get a basic model 2023 for
MSRP (Sticker Price)
$50,615
dealer discount
-$3,543
$47,072