2023 Bolt lease ending with only 2k miles. Buy it?

I have a 2023 Bolt Premier lease ending in March. My commute is short so have only put on 2k miles (1 year since MSRP swap ~33k)

Residual is 20k, but buyout values have been dropping quickly. Now just getting offered 20-21k and opportunities are limited with no 3rd party buyouts.

It does the job for commute and errands, fits in tight parking spaces, doesn’t look like an old beater. Should have plenty of warranty left too.

Given how fast EV prices are dropping and the old Bolt battery tech, does it make sense to drop 20k + tax into this?

Alternatives are chase another hot lease deal or buy something used around the same price - suggestions welcome.

Thanks

So many EV lease deals in the Marketplace hard to recommend buying a Bolt.

1 Like

Had a similar conundrum. If it was purchasable with tax credit no brainer but since it’s lease buyout think it’s a rough proposition (also rates).

2 Likes

Disappointing to think there isn’t much value there given it is practically new, but can’t argue with the market. Was getting good bids until vroom went under.

I ended up buying out and then selling to third party. Depending on state you may be exempt sales tax doing this. Netted a few k more than I would have otherwise.

Kind of makes you think about why they went under, eh?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.