2023 BMW XM lease transfer $1,508.82/month plus tax and $4,500k down

I think that Benz dealer know about leasehkr-

Told me to stop chasing unicorns

Unfortunately that has been the pattern with high-MSRP bmw vehicles. Not only does credit have to be as good as, it may need to be better than that of the current lessee. Also, the one looking to assume the lease will need to have prior leases with the same commitments (e.g., history of payments and duration of similar or higher amounts). What you’re describing unfortunately sounds similar to folks trying to move 7-series or other high line vehicles.

Good luck… may just need more time. Or Plan B

Florida may not have snowy offramps, but it does have…

Just need one to puncture the battery cradle.

6 Likes

If that’s the case I’m fxxx, I have too good credit…
Plan B is to just keep it ( I wish my wife would like XM over her EQS…)

updated down-payment to $4,500

So when I finally found someone with good credit to transfer the lease to BMW FS canceled the transfer.
It seems there is an open recall for XM but the service has no parts yet. And they have no clue when they receive them.
Not sure if this affects all XMs or only mine…

I transferred a bmw with open recall on it and it just went thru yesterday (stage 3)

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lucky you. In my case they said I need to fix it first.

Bad luck lol

This happened to me with a 330e, it was during the pandemic and they put a stop to the transfer. The car sat at the dealer for 3+ months, I was about to lemon it but they finally got the parts after 3 months and I sold it a week after I bought it.

If you just want your money back, drop it off at the dealer to get fixed and then get it lemoned after a month of sitting at the dealer. at least that’s how I believe it works in CA lol

I took the car in service yesterday for oil change and they said the car it’s safe to be driven even with that open recall. But sales and lease transfer are stopped.
They still don’t have an ETA on the recall parts.

so its safe to drive but not transfer? Sounds like BS to me. I think the dealer doesn’t want to give you a loaner

The funny part is I don’t want/need a loaner (this is my 3rd car now)
I would be OK for them to keep the car in service because BMW HQ will refund my lease payments for the time car staid in service :rofl:

I was at stage 2 of a transfer with title ordered by BMW. I slapped with an integrated brake recall from BMW. I don’t even think they have the part to fix it. Buyer needed a car bad so he backed out. Sucks for us.

Not sure how that guy above got his car transfered with an open recall. I’ve had a simple recall before and couldn’t even initiate a transfer. Anyway good luck. I’m also transferring a car for your same reasons. Stick with Swapalease.

1 Like

Recall is pretty serious which is why they are not allowing. I had a similar issue with my M8 in 2021. Luckily werent many left on SAL and buyer wanted the exact color comvo i had so waited a month.
The current one is the braking systemsl which effects X5 X7 and XM and other models too. 2 months, no fix yet.

1 Like

Attached.

1 Like

I transferred a 23 5 series :sweat_smile:
2 of em to be exact
Looks like I dodged a bullet

I dont think there is any recall on those is there ? I havent recieved anything for mine lol

I just checked all my BMWs. Missed me…

Carvana just picked up mine 3 weeks ago and of course overpaid. :rofl:

1 Like