2023 BMW 530i Deal Check - Confused?

Here is a quote I got for a 530i loaner.

I understand it’s bad, but I’m not sure how it’s bad? I know the MF is .0018 this month but this seems horribly marked up because the discount is adequate (~19%). So what causes this payment and should I try further negotiating or just ditch it?

Please post your best attempt at a calculator.

Is the “market value selling price” the actual MSRP, or are they marking this up a lot?

Are you getting a lease credit (since you’re in TX)?

There are no lender tax credits available on any BMW product at the moment aside from locked orders from December.

1 Like

Does BMW charge a miles penalty on this that isn’t shown? With nearly 9k I imagine it either lowers the residual or has a non residualized penalty.

Pretty accurate but I’m not sure if it’s .25 or .3

The $1k in dealer add ons adds about $30/month to the payment. Even removing that still doesn’t put a dent in these numbers. It must be something to do with the loaner milage that makes this so bad. Have you looked at numbers on a new one?

Incentives are not taxed in TX and your fee numbers are wrong in the calculator. The dealer gave you all of the fee numbers.

Yes and it’s like the same price as quoted. I understand that taxes do suck here but it still like ~600 not 824.

This is what I get with the calculator based on your numbers with only first month payment DAS.

Have your confirmed RV? Have you asked the dealer what MF they are using? Appears to be marked up based on the dealer’s numbers.

Residual being 54% is a big part of the issue…not sure who you (or anyone) would pay this much for a 530.

1 Like

54% + the penalty for 9k :sob:

1 Like

I currently pay 580 a month for a 540i :(. Miss the pre covid days for sure because this is insane. I’ve seen some of the deals on 530/540 loaners here and this should be similar but who knows how much the MF is jacked up on this

Confirmed RV for 36/10 is 57% on Edmund’s. They came back to me at buy rate and it was $806 a month and I honestly just left it because it’s not worth my time

For a 2023 or 2024? Thought I was seeing drop to 54% for 530s but maybe I’m wrong

2023 530

I’m seeing 57% rv (54% is for 15k) for 36/10 before demo knock down, with a $2115 knock down for the demo miles. Final rv is 53.3%. That definitely hurts.

That’s a lot of money for that car … demo or new

1 Like