2023 Audi Q5 SB P+, $58K MSRP, $499 NYC tax included, DAS $3150 cash + $782 equity + $4500 MSD

If you aren’t going into the office, make sure you stretch the Q5s legs a little and pick up some Denino’s for lunch;)-

I’m on uber duty twice a day, dropping off and picking up kiddo for school, so it gets a bit of workout.

Yeah, I heard a lot about this place. Gotta try it out

4 Likes

well done.

1 Like

Thanks!
10 char

Insert Staten Island joke here

1 Like

Love new car in every way except one weirdest thing: after fiddling with sound settings, I’m still somehow convinced that my old Q3’s base sound system sounded better than B&O 3D premium setup in Q5. I stream Spotify on highest settings, and for the genre of music that I listen, Q3 range sounded better, with crispier heights.

2 Likes

This the PHEV? Or the regular?

It’s regular, not PHEV

Rusty, I did not know you’re on SI.

Forget Deninos, go to Royal Crown Bakery on Hylan.

1 Like

Yeah, good spot. We’re going there periodically for breakfast, very tasty.

1 Like

Wow $594 a month seems like an impossibility in LA. Granted our sales tax is 9.5 but most leases I see are around $720-$740, including $7k in MSD, and these are for base model Q5s which have MSRPs below your discounted price.

Anyone in LA having any luck anywhere getting a Q5 around $600 a month?

The right question to ask is if anyone is able to get 10% off. OP has Penfed and it’s a 36/7,500 lease. If you don’t have Penfed and looking at 36/10 or 12K your payment may be 50 bucks higher all else equal. I would think that 600 bucks is doable on a decent P+ but I have no idea what MSRP, trim and mileage you are looking to get.

1 Like

Actually 7500 miles, really base model Q5 where MSRP is ~$49k. Edmunds has it at $750 as well, I got it down to $715 with $7500 in MSD, with no discount negotiated yet (they said I had to go in person and do that with a sales person).

Keep in mind that this is Sportback, which in December had 3% higher residual (65 vs 62) and lower money factor (0.0017 vs 0.0023 something) for that term in my region. I haven’t looked at January numbers, but Sportback most likely has better program too. You’re already in the worse position if you’re trying to replicate this for regular Q5.

Change your strategy: stop asking dealers what they want you to pay. Build calculator with 7-8% discount, which should be doable, base MF and current residual and MSDs. That’s going to be your offer, which you’ll shop across all your regional Audi dealers, telling them you’ll sign right away if they accept. Ask on Edmunds forum what is current Q5 program in terms of RV/MF/incentives in your region.

Or you can see if brokers here on Marketplace have anything close to you.

1 Like

Reach out to @DonnyAudi when he comes back in a few days. He can get you a bit higher MSRP for around 570+ tax with MSDs.

2 Likes

Good call, here is the MF and residual they quoted me:

Money factor: 0.00168
Residual: 61%

Did dealer quote you these? You need to know these as a part of your target offer before you start talking to dealers. Did you go to Edmunds forums and verify that RV is correct for the term and mileage and that MF is a base and not marked up?

What trim is that? 40 TFSI premium? These are numbers for LA zipcode for January:

If they are giving you lower than base rate MF figure, it might the MF after MSDs. You need to verify what MF is before MSD reduction. Or as I said, just work out your target deal and start shopping that. That’s what I would do.

1 Like

Thank you, this is super informative! The MF was after $7500 MSD.

Here is what Edmunds forums said for Q5 premium 40, 36/7500:

00173 MF and 61% RV
No lease incentives

Looks like Edmunds price checker suggests knocking around 2% off dealer price no matter what I put in.

I wouldn’t sign anything less than 7% off with base MF and if they have high addons I would ask for more. Don’t reach out to dealers without doing some more homework. Assuming @DonnyAudi ’s deal sheet is up to date he can get you a 56K SB for around 570 before tax.

1 Like

Thanks all, yeah I jumped the gun reaching out to dealers first.