2023 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Lease Rip Off?

Sorry if I mess anything up here as it’s my first time posting.

My wife and I need a new car and I am looking to lease an Audi Q5 Premium Plus. From looking around it seems like the numbers are pretty sky high on what they offered. I am trying to get more details on how they came to the numbers, but this is what they initially gave me. Is this so far off from what I should pay? What should I ask them for and how should I try and proceed from here?

Thank you all in advance!

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?q=%23marketplace%20audi%20q5%20order%3Alatest

I’m seeing 10% off on marketplace. Seeing your numbers you are no where close to that. To be precise you are 10% away from your target discount :slight_smile:

Take your deal and plug it into the calculator with a 10% discount and base MF (use edmunds to get this). I’m assuming this is a Q5 45 (mild hybrid)?

You can ask the dealer for the following information:

• What is the money factor?
  • What is included in the “Paid by Customer” line item?

I see that the deal sheet is saying no trade in, but OP do you have a trade in as part of the deal?

EDIT: Ran a calculator for you: Calculator Here!

1 Like

Should take a step back.

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

1 Like

This is a rip off. I recently negotiated the same vehicle for a monthly payment of 650 with 3500 down. Don’t take this deal.

Look at this deal from someone else: 2023 Audi Q5 SB P+, $58K MSRP, $499 NYC tax included, DAS $3150 cash + $782 equity + $4500 MSD

2 Likes

Problem with leasing new Audi’s these days is Audi’s base Money factor is somewhere in the 9% range.

Also from the looks of this deal you are getting no discount, you should be looking for 10% off. Your build at $56,630 looks like you got most if not all options. I would look for an msrp of $51k or so for this model as that would have the 45 engine. If you must have all the options then def. look in marketplace for at least 10% off. Should be around $700 for this model depending on your out of pocket. If you decide to do MSD’s you should be able to lower your money factor substantially.

Did you get any finance rates ? Maybe better off just buying it.

OP didn’t specify, but I see your deal is for a Sportback (SB) which does have ~3% higher residual at most trim levels. May not be an apples to apples comparison.

It was not a sportback!

Did you get the information that you needed? My conclusion is if you want this vehicle you need to push for a better discount and make the determination on whether lease vs buying makes more sense when it comes to payment/interest rates.

that’s not my deal. the deal i got was for the same car as OP for $650. Will send pic of appraisal soon

Thank you! That would be great to see your deal

Still waiting on a response from them. I did get standard rates for the area from an Edmunds forum though and they said:

for 36/10
MF: 0.00239
RV: 61%

Hopefully the dealer replies later today with the numbers they used. I think I need to get them to change their numbers on those, but also come down from MSRP to make it remotely worth it

Sounds like you are taking the right steps. Don’t just let the dealer give you numbers. Put together a realistic deal based on your research and information gathering and put it into the calculator.

Use the Edmunds numbers and the 10% target discount to build it out. You should see where you should land. I got it started for you here but feel free to modify it as needed.

Once you have the price tell the dealer you want the following:
x selling price
y money factor
z money down
To land at the payment you established in the calculator.

1 Like

Thank you! That was super helpful to see. It is crazy how much the MF rate can change by geographic location. It seems where I am located is higher than most right now.

I just sent the dealership a long message with all the info I gathered. Very curious to see how they respond to it haha.

Here were my quotes. Looks like the MSRP on my Q5 was lower (S line Premium Plus 45 TFSI quattro). I’ve also added my quote for Q4 e-tron prestige. MSRP was 63,940.

You should be able to put down security deposits to lower your money factor if you are looking at a NYC dealer.

Stop asking the dealer how much they want you to pay.

1 Like

Do your research and offer drive off and monthly payment. There’s no need to ask dealer for money factor and detail breakdown.

1 Like

Dumb question. What do you mean drive off? Like I’ll drive off the lot that day?

Drive off means the total amount you need to pay before driving the car off the lot.

2 Likes

Thank you!