2023 7-Series - is this really happening?

If this had the M-Sport and black out package with no chrome in the flat black or Alpine white color they have it would look good.

In the UAE it’s incredibly cheap to hire a driver - it’s much nicer to be driven in these cars than to drive. Makes more sense for these cars to be sold abroad then in the US - market is just much larger.

1 Like

I suspect it’s more of a case of improvements in LED technology allow the headlights to be smaller, so it’s a design trade that hasn’t previously been available. Differentiates the product by doing something that couldn’t be done before. I’m sure the pendulum will eventually swing the other way.

DRL “eye brows” that are completely separate from the normal headlights are the ugliest thing car manufactures are putting on cars today.

3 Likes

That is the same as in China, these cars are to be chauffeured in. Although a driver makes even more sense in China since it has far worse traffic than UAE.

I worked in Holland for four months and had the opportunity to travel a bit for work. There are a lot of places in Europe you would never have a reason to visit where many wealthy people live. Think suburban Frankfurt or Amsterdam. Or Düsseldorf, Stuttgart, Rotterdam etc…. Get out of the city center and these wealthy Europeans like big cars almost as much as Americans. Of course tempered by the reality of living in a place where infrastructure sometimes doesn’t permit full size cars to the same extent.

Supporting your argument, before the :euro: the 7 series would have been prohibitively expensive for most Southern Europeans. Look at French and Italian auto production starting in 2002. Production goes way down as they lose the advantage of their cheaper currency versus the DM/Dollar/Yen.

1 Like

From my grade school chat group when you own a car that you can’t find a place to park.

1 Like

It looks great compared to the 4 but the swoop with the logo makes me think someone hit a light pole lmao

Silver chopstick problems of Hong Kong, just like my cousin, she has a C63 in Taipei but never goes above 110km/h.

Gong xi fa cai!

Exactly why Volkswagen/Audi, Mercedes, makes different variants for the Chinese market, VW Sagittar (enlarged Jetta), Audi A4L, A6L, 3/5 series G28/G38 (LWB), E class LWB, the list is endless. They’re all designed as cars to be driven in, not to be driven. China taxes on displacement, reason the cayman sells so well there - and why smaller turbo engines are much more popular in the aforementioned cars.

1 Like

I like the new design rendering of the upcoming BMW 7 series…

Most of the recent BMW designs have been too boring for me…

….

I love driving mine, although it could use a Sport Plus setting. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I had to choose between keeping the 750 or the M550, there is zero question it would be the 750. It’s so much more car.

According to my window sticker, I have Sport+.

What kind of incantation is required to activate it?

Owner’s manual:

It’s a little embarrassing to ask this question 32 months in.

Can you cycle through the drive modes if you keep pressing the sport or drive mode button?

That’s how it works in my M550. Pressing the Sport button multiple times in succession cycles through Sport options, which include Sport+.

The 16 year old boy in me only wants to drive this car in Sport+, so activating it is generally the first thing I do when I point the car in a forward direction. :smiley:

The same button in the 750 gives me standard Sport and the customizable version of Sport that’s also an option in the M550. But no Sport+.

It’s not quite ugly, but it’s also not at all attractive (IMHO). The 7-Series and i7 are twins, cosmetically, at least.

The interior looks kind of interesting (haven’t had a chance yet to take a close look).

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-bmw-i7-ev-first-look-review/

2 Likes

In renderings, this feels incredibly similar to a Hyundai.

I can’t wait to play with the configurator. I think this vehicle is going to be a hit and people will get over the grill in the same fashion they did with the new M’s

Did people get over it tho?

I think they’ve done a great job with the interior - it looks gorgeous. But c’mon that exterior design is a complete pig - as seems to be the current BMW design language. We’ll see how it plays out for them with sales but when big expensive sexy egg-like EV sedans such as the Lucid Air/EQS exist….I don’t see this doing particularly well.

1 Like

Considering the lease deals yes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That interior is gorgeous to you?

I think all new flag ships but the audi/Porsche products are terrible looking.

Sales went up w/ the Bangle’d 7-Series, and I see an unfortunate number of 4-Series coupes in my area. So I suspect that the look won’t hurt sales.

And an older one, at that. I think @amatot mentioned on another thread that this looks like an older JDM luxury sedan, and I agree. It’s just unfortunate that the front end wasn’t designed to be as bland as the rest of the car…

1 Like