2023 430i or 330e? Got very average lease deal, lease or buy?

Hello leasehackrs! Just got some quotes from CA bmw dealers and overall the leasing deals right now are not great (@0.0023 MF and ~56% Residual Value), entered my data into the calculator for both 430i (love the front design) and 330e (solid design and also the 5.8k rebate is nice) and want to get some expert opinions from you all on whether I should buy or lease or wait.

430i Gran Coupe: Calculator

The 4 series GC with design I like (big teeth) is only available at 22 so there’s no used option. Got good % off of MSRP, but the lease score is only 5.6. My effective monthly cost is 784 (lease) vs. 493 (finance). In this scenario, is buying the obvious choice? Or am I not reading this correctly?

330e: Calculator

For 3 series I honestly don’t mind buying CPO, but since you can only take advantage of the 5.8k federal tax credit if you are buying new (combined with the insane price of used vehicle), a new 330e is a decent deal. For this it seems like buying (get tax credit) is better than leasing (not qualified for credit), am I looking at this correctly?

So between 430i GC and 330e, would you buy or lease? Also if all of these options are not the best, would you recommend getting a CPO 330(i/e) or simply wait?

Thank you so much in advance!

Be aware that this may lose the tax credit as soon as tomorrow.

All 330e in North America market are made in Mexico.

Where do they source the battery materials? Where do they assemble the battery packs?

Final assembly is just the final gate keeper.

Or the first dis-qualifier. Are there other cars or trucks that have revealed their battery pack source and assembly locations?

I dont think i have seen an official breakdown from anyone on material acquisition.

NA prefix made in Mexico.

No NA prefix made in Germany.

1 Like

Just got my vin it’s from Mexico. But now the tax credit got more complicated because if sourcing and final assembly of battery.

If you love the 430i and with those numbers, just buy it.

1 Like

Ah I just noticed the signing of the new bill… very sad…

Thanks for the reply! For the lease vs. finance number, it makes sense to finance it instead of leasing?

The MF being higher than the finance rate (even just with BMW FS) also makes the decision tougher…

Anyone know what date income limit in ev/phev fed rebate begins?, would that date be on delivery or order date?

Income limit isn’t until next year. Right now it is NA manufacture location as limiter.

1 Like

Honestly the real intent of new EV bill portion was to get rid of tax credit…not many vehicles are going to qualify. Manchin was against rebates.

1 Like