2022 VW Tiguan - Good Deal?

In NJ, go to Jack Daniels VW and you can lease through Affinity CU with the best payments. 0.00139 MF and a much better RV.

All the CULA CUs are the best payments for VW leases in each state as the captive has completely pulled back from all lease support.

4 Likes

Certainly wouldn’t mind paying that this year. Yeah, it’s annoying. I had a Jetta a few years back and I think my lease was something like $190-200. I understand it’s a different market right now but the lease prices in today’s market for cars I’ve had/ driven before, still frustrates me.

Was it an easy process to extend? Oh I hear you. If I do decide to sell my car for the equity, I still need a car… and that part is not fun for me either!

It was very easy and straight forward to extend. Called VW Credit and asked to extend the maximum 6 months. Payment remains the same and RV is decreased according to those payments made so when I do go to buyout, at least the continued monthly payments lower my buyout quote in the end. They said I could extend in 1 month increments up to 6 months, but I didn’t want the hassle of having to call and extend every month.

Local VW dealer quoted a 22 Tiguan SE, no 3rd row, 8k down from positive equity in the lease, and 48 months/10k miles for $390/month. I want whatever he’s on. :laughing:

He’s using VW Credit which has standard rates 0.00234 on Almost the entire lineup. The captive has completely pulled off of pushing leases (along with several other captives for other OeMs as well) so the credit unions that offer leasing will be the only way to get something resembling a deal on VW and most other brands.

I’m expecting this to continue for the next 24-36 months.

Hey curious to see what you ended up doing since it has been a little over 6 months.

My wife’s Atlas was up in October ($399/mo from July 2019) and I am now in the market for a vehicle for her. Really hard to find something same size as Atlas even remotely close to that payment. Looking at Grand Cherokees now.

I extended the lease through April but might try and find a year-end deal.

Why not just buy it out?

That’s an option, the residual is $24k. Would prefer another lease though.

I still have 4 months but checking for end of year deals anyway.

Unless you want a Pathfinder, outgoing CX-9 or Grand Cherokee L, there’s not much value in leasing vs financing. And each of those deals may not carry over into next month.

Thank you, working on Grand Cherokee now, CX-9s seem hard to come by at this point as well.

Yea I think the window passed on CX-9. Pathfinder still looks available through year end as well.

Pathfinder 18-mo and GCL 24-mo.

So far in NJ area it’s too competitive. Getting more traction at Philly/MD dealers for the GCL. Not a big fan of the Pathfinder.

Check marketplace, there’s brokers doing both brands that operate in NJ

1 Like