2022 VW Id.4 Pro S RWD Lease - Help improve the price to what it should be

Hi. I am in Santa Fe, NM 87508

The dealership here has a new 2022 ID.4 Pro S RWD for a lease. Figured it would be an amazing deal, but got quoted 571.95 a month with zero down. Money Factor is 0.00465. For a 39/12k lease.

Their MSRP is $48,034 and Sale Price $39,985.

Then I have the 7500 lease credit and first responder discount.

She did NOT want to add in my first responder because “they are losing so much money!”. She kept reinforcing that. Bohooohooo?

Thankfully I was able to escape and I will email/text her tomorrow or Monday.

I think the payments should be upper 300’s due to it being there for 150 days and a 2022 model.

The money factor should be 0.00365; I know that much for sure (thanks rate findr!).

Any other tips for when I write my email to them to get the price to what I want?

Here is basically what they have now

They don’t lose squat, that’s coming from VW

1 Like

Post a link to your LH calculator

First step is always to put together your well researched target deal. You should know exactly what thos should cost.

If youre actually $250/mo apart, you need to just find a new dealer.

1 Like

You’d likely be better off with a 2023. MF right now 0.00182. But sounds like that dealer plays games. As commenter above says work out target deal on calculator using some recently sold on here (or just target 10% off MSRP - no dealer add ons) but rate MF and start calling dealers. Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

To piggyback on what @sostupendous said, look at a 2023, I think last month the 22’s still had a decent rate, now they are standard aka unsupported and terrible, plus the residual is like 10% less.

Seems really unappealing for a 22, that’s almost two model years old at this point.

You need another $5500 off to be at upper 300s. Which looks very unlikely.

I got them down to $417 a month for 30/10k. I need to work on it a little bit, they have $1528 due on delivery when I asked for zero down.

$1528 due on delivery may be zero down.

1 Like

This is in New Mexico for a 2022 id.4 Pro S RWD.

lease.pdf (214.4 KB)

It was supposed to be zero down with taxes and fees all rolled in, but there was a charge on her numbers sheet that says: Due on Delivery $1528. I asked her what that is, she says it’s “required by VW”.

Anyone else have a clue what she is talking about? Sounds like a weird and fake thing. it’s late so I won’t email her back right now asking for more clarification

Edit: I think I figured it out. 1528 is first month plus taxes from the MSRP - CAPCOST. So, 16,000 x 6.88% = 1100 + first month.

But I believe all that is added into my monthly?

Sometimes dealers structure the contract on a $0 DAS lease so that it still shows some amount of money due at signing, however the dealer will cover that amount.

Just clarify with your sales rep or the finance manager that no money is due from you and the dealer will be covering the $1528 DAS that is on the contract.

(This is exactly what the dealer did on my current Mercedes lease, I did $0 DAS however my contract shows first month payment DAS which the dealer paid)

Do you have to pay taxes on the discount as well as the rebate in New Mexico? That sounds strange to me. I reworked your calculator and was able to get within about $60 of your deal with you paying first month, acq fee and dealer fees upfront and no taxes. You should ask her to tell her what is included in the DAS.

“0 down” and “0 due at signing” arent necessarily the same thing.

Never use the terminology “down”. Always use “due at signing”. “Down” is an ambiguous term.

Yep I will ask her today. It was too late to email her last night and too early to email her right now.

Be sure to compare with 2023 numbers and contact dealers out of state if need be, there’s allot of these in stock all over the place.

Yeah idk why the OP is so fixated on the 22 in the first place.

Plenty of deals in Share Deals & Tips that are fresh and no danger of lot rot.

Can’t find much in New Mexico for deals on that forum, Texas won’t lease to another state either. I’ll reach out to Arizona and Colorado though

It doesn’t need to be a NM deal. You should be able to replicate the dealer discount in nationwide deals or get close.

Obviously you cannot replicate state-specific rebates but look through that sub again and tell us what your target LH calculator should be for a 23 or 24.