2022 Volvo XC90 Recharge Extended Range - How Much Under MSRP?

If the vehicle were popular and hard to get (such as the 45e), wouldn’t the dealer be more than happy to have the customer cancel the order, knowing that they could sell it on the lot quickly and likely over sticker?

Thx for the specific leads, wasn’t trying to offload any legwork on you. Rather, you seemed to be referring to readily available volume stats for Volvo by location (or state). So was asking about that and could then further filter based on proximity.

Culver City is a good one. Talk to @mllcb42, I think he knows a salesperson there.

1. It is kinda like dating women. If you have to be secretive about what you are doing, its probably wrong. If you feel like you can’t be upfront with telling dealers “hey I am placing 2 or 3 orders with plans on refunding 2 of them based on who gets here 1st” then you shouldn’t do it.
1 Like

Highlander is not eligible for the carpool decal.

Curious if OP finally got a XC90 Recharge 2022, or 2023, or something else?

As mentioned in the other thread, bought a 2023 XC90 Recharge last week. Among the first batches in SoCal. Love it so far, the AAOS with Google maps and and Google voice assistant built-in is wonderful, huge improvement over Sensus (or so I’ve heard). And the powertrain and range is improvement over 2022 non-extended range and earlier models.

1 Like

Nice car! Big congrats!

Given that this is the 1st batch of delivery, I assume the price is just MSRP, with at most $500 A-plan discount? This is what our local dealer told me.

Do you buy extended warranty? One thing concerning me is that Consumer Report gaves XC90 very low reliability ratings: 1/5 or 2/5 over the past couple of years:

Quote:
The 2021, 2019, 2017, and 2016 all have reliability ratings of 1/5. The 2020 and 2018 Volco XC90 models have reliability ratings of 2/5. Looking at the models that Consumer Reports used to predict how the 2022 would hold up – the 2018, 2019, and 2020 Volvo XC90 – turns up some serious reliability concerns. These include the electric system, climate system, and brakes, which all get a 1/5 for reliability. Body integrity and body hardware also get a 1/5.

1 Like

Yep, pricing around there, also got the $750 CA fuel credit right before it expired on 9/1.

Re reliability, I’m sure the concerns re Volvo are legit. But then this is the last year of the design that started in 2016, so you would think that they’ve worked out the issues. Even Consumer Reports says that the last year(s) of a design are the most reliable, but the first year is to be avoided. But even for the 23 XC90, the extended range drive train is fairly new, and so is the Google infotainment to the XC90.

Didn’t get an extended warranty. Thought about it and even started some threads on here and SwedeSpeed. I’m comfortable with the risk and didn’t feel like paying an extra $4k on top of an already expensive car for something would only benefit me in 5 years. If I had gotten air suspension, likely would’ve gotten extended warranty.

You may find my experience amusing. Within the first week, I suffered a debilitating problem with the TCAM module, so both fobs and the Volvo app won’t work. I can only start the car manually and it’s going into service first thing in the morning. On the other hand, I still love the car and no regrets in getting it. So maybe you’ll take that as a compliment.

1 Like

Wow that happened to my friend too, had to wait two weeks for a new module

What are people seeing with leases on the XC90?