2022 Subaru Impreza 6.5% off MSRP Purchase

Piggybacking on this, I just requested numbers through a local AZ dealer with the Costco discount versus IMBA, SPCA, or similar type programs. I’m going to ask about the dealer installed options (since we can all be fairly confident this isn’t a vehicle sitting on the lot with anything pre-installed) but considering most everything is MSRP or MSRP+ right now, I think I can probably negotiate something from this starting point. Just looking at something inexpensive for my 16yo daughter versus a higher end car where it makes more sense to wait it out. Hopefully this can help someone gauge what this program looks like these days, at least. I think the overall looks to be a couple percent over invoice and my goal in this region would essentially be to have that Costco amount come off MSRP. Not great, but it is what it is these days.

For the same price as a base Sport, I’d rather have a Premium with the optional package that includes

Optional Package

• Power driver’s seat
  • Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
  • Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Power tilt/sliding moonroof

I would have just put the deposit towards the car, save on interest.

No 5 speed on the Premium trim. My kid wants the 5 speed.

In that case a Kia Forte GT is a much better choice for ~$25k. That’s comparable in performance to the “hot hatch-ish” sedans like the Civic Si and VW GLi.

An Impreza “Sport” is sporty in name only. Same 150 hp engine as the base model with some cosmetic bits like larger wheels and trunk spoiler. It might be the first car I’ve ever seen where reviews don’t prefer the manual over a CVT.

the 2022 Subaru Impreza is a suitable albeit unimpressive compact car. Subaru offers its smallest vehicle in both sedan and hatchback shapes with either a manual or a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). The Impreza’s flat-four engine provides languid acceleration regardless of the gearbox, but the stick shift is imprecise and not one we endorse.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing tips. I am in market for an Impreza and wonder what is the best deal that you guys have seen for 2022 vs. 2023 Impreza?

Color: White

Other features are negotiable :slight_smile:

Thanks

Please do not bump year old threads with duplicate posts.