2022 Porsche Taycan RWD - $107k MSRP - $2060/month $2600 DAS

5-year straightline depreciation.

1 Like

MACRS depreciation subject to luxury car limits. Even with a bonus it’s quite a bit less of a deduction on a $100K car than on a lease.

It sure does… for vans, trucks and SUVs. You can try calling it a turnip truck and hope that the IRS auditor fell off of one. GLWT!

3 Likes

Im sure you can do just as much work truck things out of a Taycan as a G63.

100% true but that’s how the current laws are written. Further, the failed BBB proposed much better EV credits for trucks and SUVs than for passenger vehicles as defined by tax code. Go figure!

1 Like

Have you considered Audi etron GT? The Taycan at that price is the single motor model. The same price can get you the dual motor version. Audi might lease better. I lease one last year, about 1220 including tax. Includes 9k from fed and Cali rebate, plus 10k from early lease return. Not a great deal but I think much better than the Porsche lease.

:100:

Same goes for the EV tax credit and “for personal use”. You might be able to say “I drove this EV < 1000 miles / 2 months and flipped it for something different because I didn’t like it”, but after your 3rd 4xe in the same calendar year, GLWT…

Don’t expect the nebulous stuff to end in your favor without rock-solid evidence, forget saying the opposite on a public message board.

2 Likes

get the 4s has long range.

You can get performance battery on the base too.

1 Like

I been looking at these, I always fall back though on my tesla and the super charger network, It’s such a huge part of the car I think people don’t realize.

Tesla is opening their superchargers to other EVs. So not really sure what the argument will be after that.

The CCS network isn’t so bad (Spent 3 months in a Polestar 2) depending where you are, there is still massive dead spots (mostly in BFE) but nothing we weren’t able navigate through with some careful planning.

It made sense in Europe where they already more or less had the connector to do so.

That’s not the case here.

I blame Tesla on that, 100%. Didn’t switch in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 to CCS, and now they’re stuck with their prop. connector in the US, and CCS in the rest of the known world. They had a few thousand cars on the road when CCS got finalized and CHAdEMO was just used by Japanese cars (so just the Leaf).

If they had switched, it wouldn’t be the craziest thing they’ve done, and just like with their MCUs and changed existing cars to CCS (which the parts exist for, because of the EU market, which only switched to CCS in 2018). They also have supercharger cables, ALREADY in production for the EU market with Tesla prop. and CCS cables. It’s a matter of retrofitting cables (which many stations need anyways) and flipping a digital switch.

500A limitation with CCS is a consideration.

No way Elon will open up 100% he would screw his own brand and loyalty . Biden will be long gone before they ever iron it out.

1 Like

4s trims and above are very difficult cars to get right now. hardly any are being built.

2 Likes

I called to see about a Targa order most dealers said over 2 years. they are only getting 1 or 2 build a year, Starting to think Porsche is run by the same guy as Rolex.

1 Like

again, anything not a base model will be a very very long time. they prioritize the much simpler to build SUVs, which have far higher margins than their sports cars.

Targas are pretty much the lowest production 911 model. We received more GT3s than Targas. Porsche makes about 10,000 911s a year for the U.S. and they aren’t going to make more than they want to.

I will probably wait to see if the used car market back’s off, I’m fine with a 2 or 3 year old one.