2022 Porsche Taycan RWD - $107k MSRP - $2060/month $2600 DAS

The CCS network isn’t so bad (Spent 3 months in a Polestar 2) depending where you are, there is still massive dead spots (mostly in BFE) but nothing we weren’t able navigate through with some careful planning.

It made sense in Europe where they already more or less had the connector to do so.

That’s not the case here.

I blame Tesla on that, 100%. Didn’t switch in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 to CCS, and now they’re stuck with their prop. connector in the US, and CCS in the rest of the known world. They had a few thousand cars on the road when CCS got finalized and CHAdEMO was just used by Japanese cars (so just the Leaf).

If they had switched, it wouldn’t be the craziest thing they’ve done, and just like with their MCUs and changed existing cars to CCS (which the parts exist for, because of the EU market, which only switched to CCS in 2018). They also have supercharger cables, ALREADY in production for the EU market with Tesla prop. and CCS cables. It’s a matter of retrofitting cables (which many stations need anyways) and flipping a digital switch.

500A limitation with CCS is a consideration.

No way Elon will open up 100% he would screw his own brand and loyalty . Biden will be long gone before they ever iron it out.

1 Like

4s trims and above are very difficult cars to get right now. hardly any are being built.

2 Likes

I called to see about a Targa order most dealers said over 2 years. they are only getting 1 or 2 build a year, Starting to think Porsche is run by the same guy as Rolex.

1 Like

again, anything not a base model will be a very very long time. they prioritize the much simpler to build SUVs, which have far higher margins than their sports cars.

Targas are pretty much the lowest production 911 model. We received more GT3s than Targas. Porsche makes about 10,000 911s a year for the U.S. and they aren’t going to make more than they want to.

I will probably wait to see if the used car market back’s off, I’m fine with a 2 or 3 year old one.

I don’t think it will anytime soon on a Targa. 991s held their value pretty well (even before 2021) and there isn’t an influx of 992 builds to offset it.

For reference, I ordered a base Taycan, Gentian Blue, Mission E wheels, PCCB, Sport Sound and Adaptive Cruise. Ordered back in Sept 2021 and took delivery April 2022.

MSRP was 95K. Rolled over equity from my 2020 MBZ GLE (sold directly back to MB dealer). Total out of pocket was 12.5k. Lease on 10k/36 is $1296 including tax. I’m in California.

The car looks gorgeous and most can’t believe this less than 100k.

6 Likes

This x100. Getting away with something doesn’t mean it is appropriate or that one would get away with it if audited.

Lots of shenanigans with this heavy work vehicle crap that likely wouldn’t stand up to scrutiny.

1 Like

Crook Country sales tax is 10.25% + ERT tax. For my registration, its approx 11.25%.

If it is registered in Chicago, then an additional 8% use tax on the payments.

Porsche has the MRM on the base taycan set to $102,800…which doesnt help either.

Gorgeous car!

Do you recall the equity amount from your GLE?

I started my search looking for a Taycan GTS/4S, contacting dealers locally to nationwide. Either they had a steep markup $10k+ or they did not have any in stock/allocations for all of 2022-2023…which is why I resorted to the base, until I can find a GTS at MSRP.

Nearly 10k. I missed its peak of 14k by a month.

most dealers I called if you order its MSRP, take one off the lot and it’s what ever someone is willing to pay

Finding a car on the lot, which is the right color/spec’s is tough. I found another dealership with an allocation, and delivery for 2022, selling at MSRP. Leaning towards this instead of “settling” on a car on the lot.

same boat, I want only white/black or guards red/black, Plus i only want a few options prem package, sport chrono and rear wheel steer

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.