2022 Mercedes EQS- <450/month (UPDATE: Dealer did OH taxes wrong updated payment: $386.25)

I thought you knew nothing when you posted being concerned about the deal last night. Turns out you knew everything! Well done. Well done

the office slow clap GIF

Would love to see the deal breakdown

Mercedes of Boston won’t do it?

Sometimes playing dumb is an asset.

Won’t make any assumptions here but if so:

Good Game Handshake GIF by Gaming GIFs

2 Likes

Mercedes of Hanover. Boston doesn’t have any demos on hand

It is really amazing how much difference in discounts are on EQS. Some got like more then 20% before rebates and as mentioned others looks on you like an alien when you are trying to talk about even 15%

Just target the dealers that had payrolls/deposits with SVIB.

4 Likes

The ones that look at you like aliens go on my do not contact list. They are just crappy dealers that also wanted a $10k market adjustment for a GLS 6 months ago.

1 Like

@Benedetto fell asleep at the wheel

1 Like

FYI… Dealer has no more 2022s.

Also, no I had no relation to the dealer. Sales person was very nice and even told us she was like “wtf” (in regards to the deal) to her manager.

The celebratory dinner is so much better when you just got $32k off a Benz. Especially in this market. The car only had 500 miles on it. The dealership got it on a dealer trade is what I understood, and that’s where most of the miles came, and then they took it out a few times to get lunch/coffee… normal Dealer stuff.

FYI, this is replacing my 2020 A220. I sold it for 4k over payoff (already direct deposited, car is being picked up Monday). So for the pandemic era, I’ve done a regrettable Frontier lease (grounding that sum bitch out ASAP.) Jeep GC - one of my most favorite cars, and now the Benz.

Also, the EQS is definitely more comparable to a C/E class for “finishes” but it’s still a damn good car. I paid almost $500 for my C Class loaner (posted) so this is really a great deal in my eyes.

TLDR; Great deal. Good Food. Get an EQS.

17 Likes

How long is the drive? I saw Edmunds EV test found that this thing can hit more than 400 miles.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge. Congrats op!

3 Likes

@HersheySweet still the EQS OG. This man deserves a royalty on each LH worthy EQS deal in the nation…

4 Likes

Only getting beat once in two months doesn’t make it feel better, but I’m still very happy with my deal.

5 Likes

Alright. So yea the drive was about 200 miles, still have about 175 miles range left. All flat roads tho.

Also, as I just told someone else, I was going to lease a Model 3 lol. I test drove a Model 3 overnight on Monday (March 6th). Didn’t even THINK of trying this EQS stuff until Wednesday afternoon, never thought it would be possible. Emailed any dealers I felt were somewhat close, on Wednesday evening. Had the deal from the MI dealer by 4:30pm on Thursday.

She said I could’ve picked it up Friday but, I worked till 5pm. Kind of interesting how much things can/did change. We were wanting to get rid of the A class because it needed Tires, and we would have to do run flats, and if we kept it till OCT when the lease was up (2023) we could lose the 4k on equity plus we would pay 1k in tires. We were “content” with the Model 3. Definitely a quirky car. I think it’s gimicky, but it’s appealing to my techy/younger side. Couldn’t find ones with base wheels that wasn’t in IN or PA (those states have requirements on where you register the Tesla), so I was looking at getting a M3 for ~429/ month with 4k ish OTD with lower range because of stupid tires that were expensive :skull:.

$44,900 Tesla M3 or $120k MB EQS?

What would you have done?

10 Likes

Wow that range is actually impressive.

1 Like

why didn’t you do MSDs? would’ve saved you around $100/mo ($2400 total)

I like to have liquid cash or somewhat liquid cash. Money market funds pay really well and right now, with SVB, potentially could buy the dip. We only live once right?

6 Likes

I guess that makes sense if you feel comfortable that you can turn $6k into $8400 in 2 yrs. Most people would rather take the guaranteed 40% ROI. Just my two cents.

6 Likes

Now this is a unicorn deal. Congrats enjoy your new ride. :fire:

Congratulations to op !
I wish the state of ohio would’ve cheap registration for ev along with no sales tax like new jersey does